PDA

View Full Version : so many symptoms!!!!!!!!

zippy
07-06-10, 19:58
Can anxiety really cause all these symptoms non stop? Nausea, loose bowels,dizziness,sweats,headaches,back pain,confusion,insomnia,extreme fatigue? I feel awful every minute of every day. I try and do things but i cant i feel like i am going to faint,sweats etc. Today i had a funny turn i felt all shaky inside and my right arm went weak and then my legs went like jelly and i felt even more nauseas.I have had my bloods done and they were fine had bowel endoscopy and that was fine,chest sounds clear,blood oxygen levels fine. I feel like i am dying slowly.

madeuprolemodel
07-06-10, 20:16
i have most of these! have you had a cold or flu? or do you suffer from allergies....... i think im dying too.. its horrible i think the head spins and dizzyness is the worst!

zippy
07-06-10, 20:27
I have had no cold or flu. I have been like this 6 weeks and feel i am getting worse. The doctor doesnt think anything serious is going on because my bloods were fine and he has examined me.I sometimes wish i would faint and then i might get taken seriously.Also i feel like i cant stand light and that i am squinting!!!

jaded jean
07-06-10, 21:03
I think we all get a bit hypersensitive to everything when we are anxious. Noises lights. I only can tolerate my little tablelamp on in the evenings . Dont sit in the sun much. and when my o/h turns the surround sound up fo the tv it does my head in! Even the birds in the morning seem to be noisier since I have been like this. do you suffer with hayfever at all as it is very bad this year I have suffered terribly and I dont usually get bothered by it much I was getting dizzy with it too.

madeuprolemodel
07-06-10, 21:05
my boyfriend said i could have hayfever causing dizziness... u really think thats it?

zippy
07-06-10, 21:09
No i dont suffer with hayfever. The headaches have just started the last week and i feel off balance and squinting as well as the other symptoms.I am not going to google because i know what will come up. I cry uncontrollably everyday because i feel so ill.

jaded jean
07-06-10, 21:20
Hi madeuprolemodel.
Yes thats what I was told. I was prescribed cetirizine for it. Another thing with dizziness could be labyrinthitis. Sinus problems as well . But Ithink we all know that culprit anxiety is a crafty so and so displays itself as physical symptoms that are endless.

loveletter
07-06-10, 23:12
Have had this for over 20 years now so I know how horrible it is.
Like you I prayed I really would faint so then doctors would have to help.
I really do think this is anxiety related

shell24
08-06-10, 12:07
Everything that has been said....screams anxiety. If your doctor wasnt taking you seriously he or she would not have done bloods. bothered listening to your chest, sent you for an endoscopy or given you a chest xray. Please dont wish to faint so a dr will take you seriously.....it wont work. If their was something actually wrong with you, it would have shown up by now. I can understand that we are all worried people, I am too but i would also draw the line at wishing something would happen to me for me to "think" somone would take me seriously. I never wish something upon myself .

zippy
08-06-10, 12:18
I know your right shell 24 and everyone doctors,friends and family have all tried to reassure me if something was going on it would pick something up in my bloods or the doc would be concerned.Its just so soul destroying having these symptoms every day and excepting its anxiety and stress.

Zee
08-06-10, 12:18
I started off with indigestion, blew it out of proportion and couple months later ive been through dizzy spells, nausea, eating problems, stomach issues, aches, neck and shoulder tension, dry eyes, shakey, hot turns, etc.. All initially from indigestion eating toast mid day.

zippy
08-06-10, 12:23
I know mine started when my aunt died and just before she did i started getting pains in my breast and under my arm.Then diarrhea,nausea,back pain etc and now feeling faint,hot flushes and dizziness and fatigue.Its never ending and i dont know how to stop it all.

shell24
08-06-10, 12:24
i know accepting is the hardest bit!

martin1976
08-06-10, 12:44
I too suffered with endless thoughts of myself dying from all sorts of horrible diseases so I do know how terrifying this can be. But rest assured if something was wrong it would have been traced from the tests performed. I know through experience aswell that reading about illness can often lead to you convincing yourself thats the problem, but I would advise not doing that if you can help it, it only makes things 10 times worse.
The thing that helped me other than time was my frustration at not being able to enjoy things all my other friends took for granted (relaxing in the sun, go for a drink etc..) This lead me to get really annoyed at myself and sort of said if this is whats wrong with me then do your best! This with practice stopped me from worrying about it which in turn lead to the symptoms subsiding until eventually you go an hour without thinking about it, then two hours and so on..
I know it isn't easy but try to stay strong and think positive and I'm sure you will be fine.
All the best.
Martin

zippy
08-06-10, 12:53
I know thats my problem sitting on the computer all day googling symptoms.My partner says i am the only person in the world to have so many cancers within a few months. I had pains in my breast(breast cancer) had mammogram clear.I have diarhea,nausea,no appetite(bowel cancer)endoscopy clear.I have pain in my back and breathless(lung cancer)doc listens to chest and blood oxygen levels clear.I have pain near my ovaries(ovarian cancer)nurse gives me internal and checks ovaries and ok.I am having headaches,dizziness and sensitive to lights so next thing is brain tumour. Its wearing me out i press the doc for a certain test and then when i get it checked and its clear i think it must be something else.

shell24
08-06-10, 13:16
It just sounds to me that your looking for an explanation to what is wrong with you. Almost like you would be happier if someone said that you were dying (i know this isnt the case but just trying to give you my perspective as a reader). You are in denial of the fact that your feelings are anxiety related! So say you were going to die tommorow......their is nothing you can do about it! I understand that this is all easier said then done and i dont want to come across rude or even mean because i know you are probabaly feeling crappy anyway. I think it would be great if you began to realise that all the feelings you are having are caused by you and you only. I think anyone that sat on google typing symptoms into the search engine all day would start to feel like you anxiety or no anxiety. Why dont you go out and do something for the day. Put the computer away!!!!!!!

zippy
08-06-10, 15:03
I know your right my friend and partner both say looking in from the outside they can see its anxiety but cant understand why i cant.My friend says if she went to the doctors and they done her bloods and everything was ok she would take reassurance with that but i dont.I need to accept its anxiety.I cant really go for a walk because i feel to ill and i also suffer from m.e.I usually can get out and about but the last 6 weeks i havent been able to much due to all the symptoms.

Natalie x
08-06-10, 15:05
These all sound like classic anxiety symptoms to me. I'm sure your doctor is taking you seriously, otherwise they wouldn't have done the tests like the others say. Try not to worry - it will only make you worse. Are you on any medication for anxiety? If not, then you should maybe speak to your doctor about getting some? I'm currently on homeopathic tablets at the moment called Argentum Nitricum. These aren't a very high dosage which are good x

Crunchie
08-06-10, 16:44
Zippy, like you I have had a close family member die recently of cancer. When she was ill I looked for information about her illness/treatment etc and I almost wish I hadn't.

Has your doctor suggested any counseling/medication for your anxiety?. It may be that you need bereavement counseling.

Why don't you challenge yourself to go a day or two without googling your symptoms.
Then see if you feel better, if not go to the doctor and ask his advice but without any preconceived idea of what is wrong with you.

Most of your symptoms sound like they are anxiety induced.

zippy
08-06-10, 17:26
Yes crunchie thats what i did i was looking on the internet about her illness and what to expect and i wish i hadnt. You can know to much cant you? I knew when i was visiting her everyday i was the least likely person that should have been because i knew it would kick my health anxiety off.But she would only let me and my mam see her so i wanted to be there for her. I thought i was handling it ok until near the end and now the state of me i obviously wasnt.
I started cbt last week.