PDA

View Full Version : life after lithium??

ElizabethJane
07-06-10, 21:17
I am just putting this out as a topic of discussion. I was wondering whether anyone had come off lithium or had got to a point where they did not need it anymore. I am particularily interested in lithium as this is what I am on and also where I am at. It does not matter if you have been on it and had to go onto something else. I really do wonder whether there is life after lithium? I had always imagined I would be on it for the long haul. I have been on it for twelve years and has helped me out of the darkest days of deep depression and mood swings. I'm not not sure of the long term side effects of taking it although I am aware of irreversible effects to kidneys and thyroid. Thankfully I have been relatively free of side effects. That is all. Thanks. I'm just not sure whether I would be kept on lithium unless I was seriously unwell again and then switched to something else. I believe that 1,000mg (my dose) is fairly high although that keeps my lithium levels at 0.75ml. Thanks in advance. EJ.

ElizabethJane
08-06-10, 22:01
Yes I know all this. I was hoping from responses from people who are actually taking lithium. Are you taking it if so what are your experiences of it?? If I wanted to read all this I can find it on the net myself but thanks all the same.

ladybird64
08-06-10, 23:03
Hello Waseem

Without wishing to be rude in the slightest, you say that this information has not come from an internet search..where was it obtained?

I see that you are not doctor of medicine but in fact run a recruitment agency you have asked people to contact you regarding matters pertaining to anxiety, this seems rather strange to me. :shrug:

Going home
09-06-10, 00:01
Sorry to jump in on your thread Elizabeth Jane, but I'm not sure that Waseem has really 'got' the concept of the forum. As you say, facts are out there for all of us, we also of course, have them on nmp if we care to read them, but the point of membership is to share experiences, getting to know others who are suffering but Waseem just seems to go around the threads, randomly quoting texts at people.

I sent him a PM last week that he ignored, because I was a little upset at part of the advice he'd given to a member was to talk to her boyfriend about her problem, when the boyfriend was the problem because he abuses her. Waseem obviously didn't have a clue about her problems at all. I asked him to take care with our members, we are all vunerable people and sometimes more harm than good can come out of unecessary advice.

Sorry again for interrupting your thread, and I don't have any experience of lithium myself but was interested to read your experience and unlike waseem, wouldn't have answered except to say you did really well with your trip to london, better than i would've done. I was particularly impressed with you going on the tube...no way with my claustrophobia i'm afraid!

Well done and hope you continue to feel in control for some time to come.

Anna xxx

ElizabethJane
09-06-10, 15:22
Dear Waseem are you taking lithium? I dont need to be bombarded with facts. I am my own expert on lithium. I have been taking it for twelve years. I was not looking for information just your experience. Thanks in advance and please no more facts

Danath
09-06-10, 22:38
jeez the guy is only trying to help give him a break :mad:

Going home
09-06-10, 22:54
Danath, did you read my post above at all? yes? no? did you read any of the points we've been trying to make? do you think I should give this guy a break after reading his reply last week to the poor girl who is being abused by her boyfriend, who she's so controlled by...and this guy is telling her to confide in the boyfriend?? This means he is only interested in throwing facts at people without bothering to find out a little of the background of the people he is supposed to be 'helping'. He is only interested in promoting his business, and the fact that I pmd him at the time of that insensitive reply and was completely ignored...no apology, coupled with the fact that he is actually arguing HIS side and telling EJ that she should basically shut up whilst once again promoting his business completely stinks...so why not give your fellow members a break, because I don't consider this man to be much help at all really,sorry, he answers threads completely randomly and without any experience of the subject in the thread so his replies aren't making much sense, quite apart from the fact that not many people have the strength to read through pages of his company's facts anyway. Oh, and angry face right back at ya!

Anna

eeyorelover
11-06-10, 18:20
Please refrain from having bouts on the main forum.
If there is an issue with a post or reply then PM an admin or hit the red triangle at the top right of the post and the admin team will be made aware of it.
Arguing on the forum accomplishes nothing.
xxx
Sandy

ladybird64
11-06-10, 20:09
Sandy, have PM'd you hun.

ElizabethJane
11-06-10, 20:57
I have also sent a PM to Nic

eeyorelover
12-06-10, 15:25
I would like to explain that we do receive a notification when a post is reported and we do get together and discuss it to decide the best course of action.
Please remember that there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes here to ensure that the site works and is member friendly :)
Just because you don't see a result reflected on the site itself, does not mean that no action was taken.
xxx
Sandy