PDA

View Full Version : 3 weeks on Citalopram started feeling tired again????

Sarah Louise
08-06-10, 09:05
Hi Everyone,

I have been taking Citalopram 20mg for 3 weeks now and i picked up after day 8 week i felt normal not much worry it was great. I missed a pill the other Sunday by complete accident.

On Friday last week i started to feel very tired and weak again and yawning alot and its been with me since then. Yesterday was horrid i just felt so tired all day and wanted to sleep and i started to get butterly feeling in my stomach again which i always get with anxiety and i ahve it this morning.

My question is can Citalopram still make me feel like this after 3 weeks because my head is saying i have something bad happening that is causing me to be tired???

MightyPC
08-06-10, 09:23
Sarah Louise, it took about 10 -11 weeks for me to loose some side effects; fatigue, yawning and joint pain being the worst. I actually gain terrible anxiety upon waking each morning. If I am honest, I should have not been put on them in the first place, this has since been agreed by my nurse. I have gain 4kgs whilst on them which has raised my blood pressure, so for me personally, taking all the above into account It has been very negative experience for me however, the vast majority of people on here claim that they are very good and work well. So stick with them and good luck

Sarah Louise
08-06-10, 09:31
Thanks Mighty Pc,

I just hate feeling so tired all day and this tickling feeling in my stomach driving me mad!

Raindog
08-06-10, 09:32
Hi Sarah,
I'm in week 4 of taking Citalopram and I still have the tiredness at times too. I found if you can get yourself even a little active, doing the washing up, going for a short walk, it can help to fend it off.

What may be a part of this lethargy we feel is our bodies adjusting to new levels of adrenaline after operating on higher levels of adrenaline while we felt so anxious, as the Cit takes effect and reduces the anxiety we lose those higher levels of adrenaline and so we tend to get tired more easily. With this possibly affecting our systems, we maybe just need to get used to not having so much of the stuff running through our systems, which will probably take a little while after a length of time being in the grip of anxiety.

A friend of mine here on NMP has had the same problem, you may wish to have a read of her post (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=76039)in the Citalopram forum. I don't feel as tired as I did but I still feel a little weary on an evening now.

Sarah Louise
08-06-10, 09:41
Thanks for that i have just has a read i didnt realise there was a Citalopram forum thats great.

crazyhayz
08-06-10, 13:09
Citalopram is amazing, and i believe it literally has saved me. Side effects wore off after approximately 8 weeks, getting better day after day after day. Ive been on them for 5 months now, and i still get the odd day where i feel a bit yawny or lightheaded, but i know its just the meds and nothing to worry about. Good luck x