PDA

View Full Version : Heart worries

Natalie x
08-06-10, 10:48
Hi. Does anyoen else have any issues about there heart? I have, and was at the doctors yesterday because I kept feeling as if my heart had stopped. He sent me for an ECG which all came back fine (that's my second one in about 4 weeks), but somehow I am still worrying today. I have been havign these weird feelings in my throat all morning - almost as though soemthing is catching my breath and also some weird feelings in my stomach and I keep on thinking that they are something to do with my heart. Has anyone else ever had this or has anyone ever worried about their heart just stopping? Please reply!

bellalew
10-06-10, 11:05
Hi. Does anyoen else have any issues about there heart? I have, and was at the doctors yesterday because I kept feeling as if my heart had stopped. He sent me for an ECG which all came back fine (that's my second one in about 4 weeks), but somehow I am still worrying today. I have been havign these weird feelings in my throat all morning - almost as though soemthing is catching my breath and also some weird feelings in my stomach and I keep on thinking that they are something to do with my heart. Has anyone else ever had this or has anyone ever worried about their heart just stopping? Please reply!:hugs:hi natalie,im constantly worried about my heart,thinking iv either got heart desease,a blockadge,heart failure,thats my phobia,my doc once told me anyone suffering from panics or a/h probs all have a phobia of either their heart,cancer or a tumor,the anxiety hypens our fears and thoughts.iv had the tests,all clear,but still wasnt convinced.my heart iv felt on ocasions has stopped only for a second,then the palps,skipped beats,very scary and felt im going to die,but after many many yrs of this,im still here natalie,everything your experiencing is high anxiety hun,try not to let it worry you,it will settle down,and hope you begin to feel easier and better soon.ellen.xxx

lee270780
10-06-10, 21:29
hi there , i get this all the time partly down to indigestion which is definatley worse when u have anxiety, i had a couple of times when it did feel like my heart had stopped and i couldnt breathe it was over in about 30 seconds but left me overwhelmed you just need to remember its just anxiety. hope this helps
lee

NeverRelaxed
10-06-10, 23:40
mine are also related to my gastric issues, im sure of it.

OP, I have had these feelings too and know how horrible and frightening they are! my hopes are that you manage to get over this and realise that they are causing your heart no harm whatsoever.

I had all the things you desvribe and more and I had a total of 6 resting ECG's a 24hr heart monitor that I had to wear and a trip to see a cardiologist..He said all the tests were normal, heart sounded normal..And he gave me a clean bill of heart health! I couldnt believe it!

nomorepanic
10-06-10, 23:57
my partner has this and is being treated for acid reflux which can cause all these feelings

Going home
11-06-10, 00:09
Yes, it has been proven that there is a link between an irritated stomach/digestive system and your heart.

Anna xxx

randomworry
11-06-10, 00:25
hi natalie the first step for you would be to stop having ecgs and stop seeking reassurance you heart is likely to be A-ok!

all the best