PDA

View Full Version : Heart rate inflated. Worried

peter34uk
08-06-10, 14:00
Hi All,

For some reason my HR is around the mid 80's to mid 90's mark today.

Im obsessively checking every few mins.

Its usually around the 68-72 mark! Never that high!

I had a palpitation this morning which calmed down after a while and my pulse was back to 68 but since around 10ish its been this high!

Am very anxious about it!

minnie h
08-06-10, 14:53
its higher becoz as you hav just said u are very anxious about it, try and do sumthing to take ur mind off it.n try to stop takin ur pulse,im a pulse checker n i no its not easy to stop. Ur fine! X hugs x

sammie23
08-06-10, 16:38
I wouldnt worry to much about this hun. Its because its on your mind and your body is aware of this. Even if your heart rate is normally around the 68-72 mark and has gone upto 90's its not a big jump and is classed as completley normal. Try to relax, you need to take your mind off this x

countrygirl
08-06-10, 21:09
Bet you can't beat this one for inflated heart rate and its all pure anxiety. If ever I am in any medical setting even just my GP's waiting room then my pulse goes up to 140bpm. I cannot get out of a hospital setting without having a ecg even if I keep telling them that my heartrate is only this high because of them!!!

I recently had another 24 hr ecg- seem to get one about every 5 yrs for past 25 yrs because I have missed beats as well and although my missed beats were same as always loads of them ( harmelss) I did not have any episodes of very fast heartbeat because I was not anxious.

the more you worry faster it goes - I am the proof. YOur heartrate is not that fast in the 90's- do anything to stop yourself thinking about it and do not pulse check- tie your hands together if nec!!

jothenurse
09-06-10, 04:15
Mine, during a panic attack, has actually been in the 160's. I've been in the ER a few times with this - they have all been sinus tachycardia brought on by a panic attack. Very scary, but my heart is fine.