PDA

View Full Version : strange phobias and there triggers

cray-long-legs
09-02-06, 18:07
this is not a huge problem in my life, i have many others....but iv just managed to start growing out of a phobia iv had basically all my life of swimming pool drains.
The thing is, i think i know how it began;
i remember when i was about probably 6 years old, i was on holiday in america in a swimming pool with my parents. i was nervous in the water, and grabbed a hold of my mum in a panic, in doing so, pulled off a very expensive ring she had on. I remember my parents getting very annoyed with me and obssesing over the most possible explanation of where it had gone- down the drain.
im still a nervous swimmer -especially in the sea- as i don't like things being beneath me that i can't see. i can find myself in a panick about it suddenly and get all flustered.
I was just posting out of intrest really- what other strange phobias have people experienced?
Can they remember what was the root of it?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxcrazy-long-legsxx

Meg
09-02-06, 18:24
There is usually an explanation to the phobias even something we read ages ago that we do remember in our subconcious and we develop and we build on them over the years and develop them into something stronger

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

poppy
09-02-06, 20:07
Hi,
I have a terrible phobia of insects getting in my ears. Sounds silly i know. when i was little my mum said that earwigs crawled in your ears and lived there, thats why they were called earwigs. Im sure she was joking but i only have to see any kind of insect and my ears start to itch.
If i see earwigs that really freaks me out.
Take care
Poppy

nomorepanic
09-02-06, 22:33
How weird cos I have this too but no idea why.

I hate swimming over the drains in the pool if I can see them and I hate those vent things on the side that let the water in and out.

I also hate the sea when you can see what is below you.

I guess you are not alone then!

Nicola

cray-long-legs
11-02-06, 21:17
yer earwigs can crawl into your ears...there was an article in a magazine about this woman who ended up with one in her head!! sorry, its really rare, i probably havnt helped lol
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxcrazy-long-legsxx

Wannabeloved85
13-02-06, 12:02
I was just bout to say that yes poppy, i heard that one too and even though its seems daft, the possibility stil haunts ya and that it really wont happen! i too have the insect prob in the summer, it tempting to wear ear ****s, but after reading crazy-long-legs post, i think ill def buy a few pairs in all diff colours!!!!

kirauk
26-09-06, 00:05
I have an intense fear of eyes since i was about 6 or 7 when a small chip of wood went in my eye whilst cutting down a tree and since then the thought of eyes or anything going in them freaks me out. i even hate seeing adverts for contact lenses on tv or anything to doing with eyes in films.

Alot of people think its hilarious but i even hate looking people in the eye when i talk to them, i will have as minimal eye contact as possible with someone im talking to just to avoid it.

I've never met anyone with a similat phobia though...:(

Insomniac
26-09-06, 17:28
I have a thing about the sea too. If you're too deep and can't see what's under you. I suppose thats a basic fear of the unknown, lots of people have that one.

I have a thing about other people's feet. I'm not scared, but I never want other people's feet touching me. (Including my husband's when we're in bed! eww!) I don't mind my own feet, but don't like other people touching them though. Weird eh?

Woman I work with has a thing about her wrists. Doesn't like anyone touching them or like anyone else's either.

Lisa.

KITTY_001
01-01-07, 02:10
well evry one i know sez im crazy becuase of this but i get scared when my dovay covers touch the ground silly i know i always wake up in the middle of the night just to check and when ever i sleep round a friends i always have to bring atleast 5 sleepin bags so i know for sure that my covers dont touch the ground and i hate it when the door aint closed at night when i wak up and its dark i always have wierd hallucinacions bout claws reachin round the doors its horrible

KITTY_001
01-01-07, 02:11
well evry one i know sez im crazy becuase of this but i get scared when my dovay covers touch the ground silly i know i always wake up in the middle of the night just to check and when ever i sleep round a friends i always have to bring atleast 5 sleepin bags so i know for sure that my covers dont touch the ground and i hate it when the door aint closed at night when i wak up and its dark i always have wierd hallucinacions bout claws reachin round the doors its horrible