PDA

View Full Version : help please

LisaLisa
08-06-10, 16:12
Hello everyone

I havent been on for ages becuase i was doing really good but since yesterday im really struggling.

I have worried for such a long time about having hiv, although i have had five negative tests since i started getting so anxious about symptoms that i have.

Recentlty i had really been believing that these tests are good and i dont have it until yeysterday i found myself looking up my symptoms in google again and have really really upset myself again.

My symptoms are

a little cyst thing lump in my cheek attached to my parotid salivary gland and a tiny swollen lymph node next to it and one under my jaw/chin directly under it.

wierd period symtoms which according to google are casued by too much cortisol - like thicker leg hair and ...sorry this is gross... but rampant pubic hair!! and shorter lighter periods

Im so worried . Also my little girl, she is 18 months, has little dry pimply things all over her skin and has done since she was 6 months old. The dr said she will grow out of it but im sooooooo scared that it is becuase her immune system is struggliing with hiv

some one please help me im so distressed

thanks

Lisa
xxxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/nmp/misc/progress.gif

sammie23
08-06-10, 16:20
Hi Lisa. Im sorry this keeps bothering you, and i no myself its HORRIBLE because im a cancer worrier so spend most of my days stressing over it. But first of all id like to say Lisa that the pimples on your daughters skin are completley normal as my daughter had this at a similar age. Secondly and i hope you dont take this the wrong way and see it as me being positive but you need snap of this hiv thing. You said yourself that your tests have been negative so thats the point where you need to say to yourself that you havent got it, because you havent sweet. I think like me you may have built abit of obcession over this and this is why you keep finding yourself checking again, and again. But please be sure to no that you DO NOT have hiv. Be happy and concentrate on your beautiful girl. And you feel this way go for a walk or a long hot bath. Just relax hun. Take care xx

LisaLisa
08-06-10, 16:33
Sammie23 thank yo so much for your reply. The pimple thing has calmed me down so much, thank you.

Reading your answer has calmed me down. I do definately have an obsessing problem, i have had this as long as i can remember. Its like sometimes i just really give in to it an let it take over...like today and yesterday.

I really apreciate your reply thankyou, i hope i can help you out sometime too.

Lisa
xxxx

sammie23
08-06-10, 16:34
Anytime. But please try to move on from this.. :)

StressedRunner
08-06-10, 16:59
Hi Lisa, Just to add to what Sammie has said. If you have had negative tests you do not have HIV my love! It is not something you develop, you catch it, so you don't have it!! Little ones get pimples all the time - my son did and he's now 4 and they've gone. x

StressedRunner
08-06-10, 17:02
Oh, and also is this your first baby? My periods etc changed completely after I had my son and also because your hair falls out during pregnancy I understand it can come back thicker afterwards with all the mad hormone changes.