PDA

View Full Version : First nap in the afternoon for ages

jaded jean
08-06-10, 16:39
Hi.
As I am not sleeping too well I went to the doctors to see what he could recommend and I got Amitryptiline. This was yesterday.. I havent taken one yet just looked at the box. The doc said try and have a rest in the afternoon, well today I was feeling a little more tired than usual so I lay on the settee and within a few minutes I nodded off. and a few minutes into sleep I started twiching and woke up again. I tried it again and again and the same thing happened and now I feel rank!:huh: I have a headache now and feel as if I am in a dream like state.Yes My anxiety levels are a little more raised so who is the culprit? the cit or the anxiety.
Any ideas guys???

keta
08-06-10, 16:48
Hi Jean

When do you take your citalopram is it in the morning or evening?

Marketa

jaded jean
08-06-10, 16:49
In the morning Keta. I have seen that some people take it in the evening ,

keta
08-06-10, 16:52
I had same problem last time i was on it, I used to take it in the mornings and had problems to sleep and during the day i was too knackered to do anything so even if the doctor told me to take one in the morning again i'm taking it in the evening I can tell you within 2 hours of taking my doze i strart falling asleep and usualy sleep ok at night which makes me able to function at work during the day.

Raindog
08-06-10, 16:53
I wonder if you'd benefit more from taking it in the evening Jean, you could try doing that some day when you feel you don't have much to do, take half of the tablet in the morning and half on the evening, then the next day just take it on the evening.

This is how I hear some people do the transition from morning to evening and from what I've read some find it suits them better. It could be worth a try.

jaded jean
08-06-10, 16:57
Hi again .
just seems strange that it has started again(the tiredness) and the yawning. Iam into month 3 day 4. Now I feel as if I have just woken up after doing a night shift bleuuugh!
How long do you sleep for now you take it in the evening I am supposed to be taking the Amitryp. at 6 - its only 10mg but its 10mg of something else to take for me. And I hate this awful sick/tired feeling

Cat80
08-06-10, 16:59
It could be just anxiety. I'm no meds at the moment and am sleeping rubbish. I end up napping for an hour most afternoons, I'm only 30 and feel more like 70. I feel dreadful when I wake up, sick, shaky, on edge etc. So I try not to nap now but it's so hard sometimes not too I'm that exhausted

jaded jean
08-06-10, 17:00
I will have to think about that one Raindog. :)

keta
08-06-10, 17:00
I do wake up sometimes at night as i still need to pee a lot this side affect has not gone away as yet but usualy fall asleep staright away and sleep untill my little boy wakes me up round 6 :ohmy:

Maybe you should give it a go before starting to take another medication.

jaded jean
08-06-10, 17:02
Yes I am up about well- between 3 and 4 then its doze time but the dreams are vivd enough to make me feel its real. So I tend to lie there waiting for time to move on.

Raindog
08-06-10, 17:03
Check through the Cit Survival Guide, PsychoPoet talks about people taking them in the evening, might give you a few pointers.

keta
08-06-10, 17:05
See how you feel about it as you don't want to upset your routine and make yourself feel worse but it worked for me :hugs:

jaded jean
08-06-10, 17:08
Could it be the blood sugar levels? as of late I have found my attitude to food has changed, I eat because I have to .and I love my food well I used to.
Cat80 how are you managing on no meds when you are feeling like you are.??

Going home
08-06-10, 17:21
Hi Jean, im not sure that low blood sugar would make you yawny sleepy necessarily, more likely to make you feel spaced out and craving for something sweet. No matter what they say about the benefits of 40 winks, I think that any sleep during the day makes alot of people feel grotty when they wake up whether on meds or not...daytime sleep takes me ages to come around from and always feel drugged up even though i don't take sleeping tabs etc. I sometimes get that jerky twitchy feeling when drifting off too...very unpleasant.

Anna xxx

jaded jean
08-06-10, 17:32
Hi Anna.
I was pretty staunch in my attempts to get a good nights sleep and retrained myself over the past three months NOT to sleep in the day. The twitches are the worst, and yes siezure comes to mind.Such a wuss,:blush:

loulabella
08-06-10, 17:34
Hiya,

I'm on 10mg Cit and 30mg Ami. I take the Ami about 8.30 and the cit about 11 and I sleep through usually. :)

x

jaded jean
08-06-10, 17:45
Thanks Loulabella x

Jannie2948
08-06-10, 19:27
Hi Jean
I'm on 40mg of cit and I take 20mg in morning and 20mg in evening and I sleep really ok. I too have vivid dreams, not every night though, and also have the twitching thing just before dropping off, not very nice. I've been on them for 8 months now and still have the yawning thing! I work full time and there are some days that I feel tired in the afternoons but usually so busy at work that I have to get past it :-)
Jannie x x

Danath
08-06-10, 20:59
take your amitryptiline, i'm on it and its very good for helping you sleep.

jaded jean
09-06-10, 06:51
Have now taken it and a difference has been noticed. Thank you for your support and suggestions on' how to'
This girl needs a lot of persuation with the tablets!!