PDA

View Full Version : Bit of advice needed please

Mazzmate
08-06-10, 17:59
Hi all,
have been on Citalopram 20mgs for 8 weeks and have coped with it and the side effects fairly well, thanks to all the support from NMP, and the advice from other users. Have had a couple of blips during this 8 weeks which disappoint me, but I do understand it can happen so I try to stay as positive as possible. My GP is happy with my progress and now wants to up the Citalopram to 30mgs, and I am okay with that. What I would like advice on is whether to take it all in one dose, or to do a 20mg and a 10mg at different times. I am usually worse with my anxiety in the morning when I wake up, and sometimes this lasts for a couple of hours. Would be pleased to hear from others as to how they take the Citalopram. :)

Raindog
08-06-10, 18:36
HI Mazzmate,
I'm no expert but I would assume you would take the 30mg at once, if you have any doubts though you could always pop into any nearby chemist and ask the pharmacist, they're happy to offer any advice and have the qualifications to give you good, solid information on the medication.

I found my anxiety was worst in the mornings, I usually take my 20mg when I'm having breakfast and that does me fine. If you find you are having a bit of anxiety in the morning, try a cup of camomile tea, that helps me relax a bit. Bananas can be good to help with the anxiety too, so perhaps one of those if you like them.

I was advised by a pharmacist that a bowl of porridge can be good for you, and I started having a bowl of milky porridge each morning since then, I actually look forward to it now and really enjoy my breakfast.

If you read the Cit Survival Guide that is stickied at the top of the Citralopram forum you can find more useful info, but don't be afraid to ask a pharmacist if you're unsure.

Becky210788
08-06-10, 19:17
Hi Mazz i take citralopram since my postnatal dep, i was on 20mg. But now im suffering with anxierty and my gp up my dose to 40mg which i take as one tablet on a morning.
Hope this helps. Becky