PDA

View Full Version : Book on experiences of depression/mental illness published

ElizabethJane
08-06-10, 22:21
I was just wondering whether anyone had written a book about their experiences of mental illness/institutions and recovery/relapse? I am sure that I have book brewing in my head it is just what type of format would be suitable and whether any publiusher would want to publish? I have many experiences that I am sure would prove interesting reading and even be of help to some people. I would not be interested in self publishing. I have thought of a diary format and changing names and places. I think that it would be quite cathartic but where do you start?

ASH65
10-06-10, 16:21
sounds a brilliant idea,go for it!

hallam11
10-06-10, 17:03
Oh gosh that is just so strange because I have started writing my own type of book like that. I do believe they will help people out there and see that people suffer in different ways and how lives are lived with these illnesses.

I say go for it...it could be therapeutic! xxx

happyone
10-06-10, 17:41
HI EJ,

Chipmunka Publishing are an excellent publisher for people with mental health difficulties. Look them up. I know someone with MH difficulties who had a book published, not about her MH, but her life......which contributed to her MH. They publish books about mh experiences too.
Happyone
xx