PDA

View Full Version : cholesterol

molly15
09-02-06, 18:08
hi im just wondering if any 1 knows about choleterol readings .my doc did mine a few days ago and they came bac total cholesterol 4.4mmo/l ldl cholesterol 3.0mmo/l triglyceride 1.3 hdl cholesterol 0.8mmo/l hdl/total percentage 18percent.does any1 hav any ideas .i think the total 1 4.4 is the most important im not sure.prob meg might know. thans to every1 marcia

i have to do it for my kids if not for myself marciaxx

Meg
09-02-06, 18:39
Good result. No problems there.

Surely you were told the implications of the results by the surgery.

This is a guide for patients already at risk

Total cholesterol - equal or less than 5 mmol L
LDL cholesterol - equal or less than 3 mmol L
HDL cholesterol - equal or more than 1 mmol L
Tryglycerides - equal or less than 2 mmol L

But everyone should be assessed on their own risk factors and the results discussed with them.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

molly15
09-02-06, 21:57
hi meg thanks for replying is my 0.8 result too low then.no the surgery never explained the results.thanks again marcia

Meg
09-02-06, 23:17
Its ok, but I think your surgery should discuss your results with you as a matter of routine anyway.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

molly15
11-02-06, 14:57
thanks meg i went to doc yesterday and got him to explain the results he said they are good results but my good cholesterol is a bit low 0.8 and should be over 1.but this could be norm for me.he also said if i increase my excercise it should get higher as ive not been doing much latley because im agraphobic but going to try walk every day.he says walking is as good as any.my bad cholesterol is fine as i dont eat any fat really.the doc also said that when you hav low bad cholesterol and low good choleserol this usually always means lack of excersise.but said there is no danger to my health at all and should just walk more and forget about the results as they are not significint to me at present.anyway thanks again meg take care marcia