PDA

View Full Version : Choir

t0rt01se36
08-06-10, 23:00
I am so proud of myself.

Tonight I joined a choir for the first time, that choir anyway.
I was very anxious, especially when I arrived there very late. I was made to feel welcome straight away and as I kept looking around , glancing at the other choir members, I thought, this is good as I could imagine making friends, sometime, with some of the members.
We sang Black Orpheus which I hadn't heard of before and that was the first time I wondered why I was there.
I decided to stay calm but I kept trembling and felt Claustrophobic. To try to feel better I decided to not look up much and concentrate on looking at the lyrics. I calmed down after a while and before that, even wanted to foolishly walk out.
In the end, because we kept singing the lyrics on the first page loads of times, I got used to be there and singing and quite enjoyed myself, after a while.
OMG I can't believe I went to the choir and I feel so proud of myself.
The choir is moving to a church not far away from where I'm living.
Thank you NMP members for believing in me, which gave me the courage to go tonight.:yesyes:

Ju

Baggs
08-06-10, 23:58
Way to go Ju - outstanding. Baggs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Going home
09-06-10, 00:04
That's really great juann, and singing can regulate your breathing so could help with reducing the panic in time :flowers:

Anna xxx

sandy35
09-06-10, 00:10
Well done Ju and glad you had a nice time x

Antonio2301
09-06-10, 00:21
youve done well julie .. im sure were all proud of you too ! you stuck it out and faced your anxiety .. well done ! Tony xx :D

Granny Primark
09-06-10, 09:26
WELL DONE:yesyes:
Ju ann Im soooooooo proud of you.:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:
I knew you could do it!!!!!!:yesyes:
You have done great. No wonder your happy.
Let us know how the next choir practice goes.