PDA

View Full Version : should i go back on meds after 2 years HELP

dream
09-06-10, 07:30
Hello all not been on for a while lives been a bit mad ! I have had Anxiety for over 8 yrs now been on and off meds twice in that time! Where do I start its mad really after many years of being unhappy I have now found happiness. I broke up from my husband last june but he wouldn't leave the family home times was hard then in nov I found out my husband had really crossed the line without going into to my details it involved my boys with the help of the police and social worker we got him out of the house to cut the story short my oldest son has nothing to do with his dad and he dad has caused him lots of anxiety but the other to now see him sat mornings for a few hours he has now told the kids he is very ill and is going to die which is all lies! So he is still managing to put stress on us all anyway other then that I feel total happy so why now has the anxiety started and the nasty waves of panic I hate it should I go back on the meds now while I can cope with the side effects or should I hope it passes and ride it out please help sorry to go on thanks for ur time xx

tonystalloney
09-06-10, 07:41
i would seriously go back to your GP, they put you back on to keep you stable if you have a history, go straight to you GP.

The fact you are asking yourself this question, which may keep you asking the same question in you mind, and it may make you worse

GP

X

dream
09-06-10, 13:18
Thanks for the reply been doc she has put me on a very very low does of paroxetine now the question is do I start taking it also brought some kalms do I try them or start on paroxetine been here twice before so why am I so worryed x

tonystalloney
09-06-10, 13:32
go the way of the GP

i found kalms made me worse

i am currently taking piriton allergy tabs to help me through a difficult time at the mo which my dr advised me months ago to take to help me get off to sleep as a temp measure, i am taking them during the day at the mo but alas i am taking them for the drowsy effect but again DO NOT go by what i say always get GP approval that backs you up all the way, do not dig a hole for yourself and stay in control !!

x

go the way of gp