PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me how daft I am .......

agingwuss
09-06-10, 08:00
I'm feeling really nervous now yet I know how irrational I'm being! Three years ago I had a breast cancer scare [I'm 52] which thank heaven turned out to be a benign phyllodes tumour - rather rare apparently, I was a bit proud of that! On Friday I felt a really odd sore pain in my right boob, something I'd never felt before. I couldn't find a lump but I asked my husband to check again and he thought he could feel something.
Panic!!! Luckily I managed to get to see my doctor that evening - he had a proper good check over and couldn't feel anything which put my mind at rest, he was very reassuring but he said he'd refer me just to be 150% sure - a belt and braces approach he said.
I've got an appointment for a mammogram on Thursday morning which is good and what do you know - the pain went on Tuesday. I felt so much better!! But this morning I logged into my e-mails and found a spam message - and it was about breast cancer!
You wouldn't beleive how much this has made me nervous again - I keep feeling it's a sign! This is totally mad and irrational - how can a spam company be a message from fate?!! I would so appreciate anyone reminding me how mad this is and if anybody else has found their HA increased by 100% by something so STUPID!!:weep:

Vanilla Sky
09-06-10, 14:13
This is the problem with health anx , everything is taken out of context. Don't look anything into it , it could just as easily have been a spam about anything else and you would never have given it a thought . It is coincidence and nothing else.
It sounds to me like you are ok and the doc is being extra careful because of your history... THAT'S ALL !
So stop worrying hun ( wasting your energy lol )
I wish you well
Love Paige x :)

zippy
09-06-10, 14:20
This was me a month ago i had a pain in my left breast and went to the doctors and she examined me and thought she could feel a lump so sent me for a mammogram.I was in a frenzy has my aunt died the week before with breast cancer.Everything was fine but like you the 2 weeks i was waiting to go every story i read seemed to be about breast cancer and i thought this is an omen.The mind is a powerful thing.I havent had the breast pains since.

debbsi
09-06-10, 16:21
I've just been through the same thing - pain which i thought was muscular but went to gps after watching corrie - he referred me as a precaution - had full check and mamogram - nothing found - thank god but every advert i saw or programme i watched would mention breast cancer - everytime i was in converstion with someone they would tell me an awful story of someone who had died - you could guarantee it would be cancer!!! It just got so silly i found myself laughing about it!!
Its just like when you get a new car - you see loads of them that you never notice before!

agingwuss
10-06-10, 07:53
Thanks so much for your support! I'm starting to feel better & less mad now!
For the past few months I've been so much better with my HA that I've hardly visited this site. It is quite scary how little it took to set me back to right where I started from. I just hope I can get over this setback a bit quicker than I took to get out of HA last time.:blush:

Zee
10-06-10, 08:06
I agree with what others have said re heightened awareness with HA.Cant believe some of the things ive panicked about when under normal circumstances they would just go right over my head.