PDA

View Full Version : vomiting /panic

alwaysanxious
09-06-10, 18:30
hello all this is my 2nd week on cipralex and cant eat and still having full blown panic attack its lasted all day today and cant stop vomiting my ribs and body aches im so upset i cant take this anymore i just want it to go away ....... any 1 has a light at the end of the tunnel?????????? please help

Megan73
09-06-10, 18:53
I use to be sick every morning with anxiety and was on citalopram. I know you think it won't get better but it will. However I know it is very hard to believe that when you are at your worst. I lost a lot of weight, but tried to drink those high calorie drinks later in the day when a felt a little less sick and always had a banana, even if only a little bit, or a dry biscuit to try and line my stomach first thing in the morning. I read somewhere that you need to eat just a small thing on waking, don't leave it however bad you feel. I can tell you this was very hard but it works in the long run.

You just have to try and eat tiny bits, who cares if you don't finish them. Looking back I was amazed how little I could survive on, but it did get better and go away. However if you feel you can't take it anymore you must go back to your GP and explain this as maybe the cipralex is not agreeing with you.

I hope this helps a little bit, been there got the t-shirt as they say. Recently joined NMP as I'm struggling myself at moment but not as bad as when I was being sick every morning.

Dahlia
09-06-10, 23:17
Hello

I'm sorry - it sounds like you're having a ghastly time, and I've been there. All SSRIs can make you feel more anxious and nauseous in the first few weeks. But there are things your GP can give you, and that you can buy from the chemist, to help with it. GPs will usually give a low dosage of diazepam for the panic, which is fine to take short term, until you settle on the drug. You can buy Motilium over the counter in chemists, which is good for nausea and vomiting. If that doesn't work, your GP may be able to give you something stronger like Stemetil (sp?). My GP has prescribed all of these for me when I've been starting an SSRI, so it's worth talking to him/her.

I hope you start to feel better soon.

Dahlia

alwaysanxious
10-06-10, 00:43
i think it could be that its only my 8th day on my cipralex of 5mg so its still early days and im anxious anyway so maybe im making it worse being impatient waiting for the tablets to kick in what do you think???? just say anything to make me feel better .... how desperate am i ...ive been on cipralexbefore and they did me the world ov good in 2003 but i also suffered for the 1st few weeks then but dont know if that was my anxiety or side effects then!! im just feeling so run down with not eateing and hardley sleeping for the the past week and half i think how much more can i take im worrying about how i feel all the time thats all i think im chasing myself up my own bum as they say sorry for rambling on ..... anyway do u think i still need to give the tablets sum time then??????? all replies r much welcome please x