PDA

View Full Version : Pernicious Anemia

PoppyC
09-06-10, 21:58
Hi
I have pernicious anemia and have been having B12 injections and have now been told I have to have 6 x 1 mg intramuscular injections over next 2 weeks, and then another in 3 weeks and then 3 monthly.
Does anyone have experience of this?
I would be really grateful to hear of anyone else's experiences.
I am worrying because I am so low in B12 and I Googled too, and I am now worried that I may get severe problems related to it, as I read that a person is 3 x more likely to get stomach cancer if they have pernicious anemia! :weep: :lac:

Workplace Doctors
09-06-10, 22:36
please do not worry as everyone is an individual even though a person is more likely to get stomach cancer it does not mean that YOU will,

Contact your healthcare professional to for further information as they will be able to speak to you regarding YOUR particular conditions as everything form weight, height, diet, excercise etc are major factors that determine how an individual copes with medication and its reactions...I having been learning these things in med school.

amandaj
10-06-10, 10:22
hi even though i dont have pernicious anemia, i do have vb12 injections 3 monthly as im low in vb12, please dont worry sometimes it drops low so they just top it up for you as they have donw with me in the past ive had this about 6 years now and been on iron and injections for that long please dont google ever it only makes things worse take care
amandaxx