PDA

View Full Version : newbie any help

luckylucy37
09-06-10, 23:50
HI i have severl disorders like water retention menires disease and now im bed fast due to constant dizziness muscle wastage contant vomiting and genral weakness.
top put the icing on the cake i think i might be experencing Anxiety and panic attacks.
these tend to be on a night i fall asleep i might of been asleep for maybe 20mins i wake up feeling very odd sweating heart racing feeling like im going to pass out this lasts for round about 40 mins then i start to feel a little better but totaly worn out.
day to day stuff i feel is just like im drained realy dry eyes constant heartburn and lump in the throat feeling constant thick head and i painic over nothing i wasnt like this till i had a labrinthectomy operation and i became ill i somtimes feel like im dying.
i cant talk to my gp as to be honest i have no faith they forget my prescriptions and have even forgot to refer me to a consultant for muscle wastage etc i just feel like anything u ask is to much trouble as i hate moaning but im now in a rut what with everything else the panic isnt helping and i find it very scary.
drugs isnt realy a good idea as im sensitive to everything but i need to be strong to fight the rest of my illnesses without this panic thing dragging me down.
i think its a panic disorder because it wears of but would be grateful of any advice on how to beat this thanks lucyx

Vixxy
10-06-10, 11:23
Hi. Sorry to hear youre having such a rough time. Firstly I would advise swapping doctors. You can look up GPs on the NHS direct site http://www.nhs.uk/servicedirectories/Pages/ServiceSearch.aspx
It sounds like youre experiencing nocturnal panic attacks. I get them too. Mine usually happen between 1-3 am, must be somthing to do with the sleep cycle im in at that point.
Anyways, because youre asleep theres not much you can do to stop them.
I would listen to a relaxation tape before you go to sleep. Try and go to sleep feeling relaxed and calm and this will hopefully transfer to your sleep too.

gary_2.0
10-06-10, 12:36
:welcome: Hi Lucy, welcome to the club!

There's a lot of good advice on offer here from a sincere group of fellow sufferers. This forum has helped me a lot.

Wishing you all the best.