PDA

View Full Version : panic now

alwaysanxious
10-06-10, 00:06
hello im so sorry its me again, im having really bad panics all day ive been sick most of the day and cant eat i feel awful and am dreading waking up tom incase i feeling the same as today i cant cope im so scared ive only had my 8 day of 5mg cipralex when will the tablets start to work???? im off work this week which aint helping cos i think im bored too???

bellalew
10-06-10, 10:44
hi there,panics are awfull and do worry us no end i to suffer with them on+off and know how your feeling right now,the symptoms are many and very scarey,and trying to get a grip is hard,try slow heavy breathing,in through the nose for 6+ holding it for a few seconds, then out from the mouth for 7,relaxing your shoulders as you do so,do this for a few mins at a time this will decrease your panic mode and help bring your heart rate down.most meds take time to begin to work,about 6wks untill they get into the system,hang on in there,do the breathing excersising regually.a look at panic attacks on the lefthand side will give you more an insight with your symptoms,hope you get some reasurance from it,its very helpfull.i hope you begin to feel better soon.:hugs:.

JT69
10-06-10, 12:09
Hey, stop aplogising!!! Thats what we are here for.

I guess it is early days for the meds and they do cause horrible side effects but rest assured they will go and you will start to feel the benefit...just ride the storm for now knowing that.

I too can totally understand you feeling as you do being at home, I have that dilemma, I too am off this week and feel the symptoms more than if you were at work but then you need that time as probably coping at work would be difficult!! Not easy at all.

Hang on in there hun...you will come through.

Take care and hope you feel better soon.

JO.xx

alwaysanxious
10-06-10, 12:12
thankyou bell, ive been back to the doctors this morn and they are putting me up to 10mg , just dont know when to start the 10 mg as worried going from 5mg that i might have bad side effects going up an extra 5 what do u think????

alwaysanxious
10-06-10, 12:16
thank you jo its nice to be reassured all the time terrible that i keep looking for reassurance its just very extream at the moment and i know when the meds do kick in ill be wanting to hug every 1 thats surrported me ...thats my goal to keep moving moving forward ive eaten my first piece of toast in a week and half as couldnt even keep water down, so thats an improvement hey.

thank u lisax