PDA

View Full Version : Please reply! Need some reassurance

Natalie x
10-06-10, 09:28
Hi. Please help! I'm goign out of my mind worryign about my heart stopping. Last night, I felt as though my heart was going slow when lying watching tv, so I took my pulse. At first I felt it and then I couldn't. I'm really worried that my heart may have stopped for a few seconds. Also, when lying in bed last night, I had a sort of weird sensation on my back. Almost like I felt my heart beat at my back like when you can feel your heart beat in your throat. Has anyone else ever had this? I had an ECG on Monday (that's my second one in about 4 weeks) and it cam beck clear, but I'm worried that something may have happened since then. Please reply. I'm really scared. Will my heart stop?

Natalie x
10-06-10, 10:10
Anyone? Please?!

amandaj
10-06-10, 10:10
hi natalie i get this so often and my heart has never stopped it is very scary though,i often feel my heart beating in my back and missed beats drs always say its anxiety and belive me ive seen a few about it ,i know its easier said than done but the more we think about it the worse it becomes and im only saying that cos ive done it lots of times im not sure why but it always seems to be worse at night im sure theres nothing to worry about ecgs are never wrong if your still worried please feel free to pm me as i know exactly how you are feeling take care
amandaxx

bluetopazgirl
10-06-10, 12:41
Hi
I have also had the same thing happen a few times aswell, It often causes me to have a panic attack because i feel my heart is beating far too slow!
Docs have put it down to my anxiety aswell..
I know its hard but as whats been said if your ECGs say your fine then you are fine, i know though how hard it is not to worry - i worry like mad even though ive been told im fine, now i worry about my toddler! xx

peter34uk
10-06-10, 12:57
natalie, it cant just stop. If your ECG was fine then suffice to say you are fine.

When we are anxious about our health our bodies produce weird sensations just to confirm our worst fears, when actually our bodys produce weird sensations all the time!

If something was wrong, you would know!

Whats your resting pulse rate?

Natalie x
10-06-10, 13:05
Thanks Peter. My resting rate is usually around the 80's mark.

Dolphinboy123
10-06-10, 14:45
Hi Natalie - please please don't worry love :-)
I have suffered with Panick Attacks for a very long time! Mainly because I failed to seek help early on.
The feelings you are experiencing are quite 'normal' (for someone with an anxiety disorder that is!)
I think that as a result of your anxiety you are focusing in on any and all 'feelings' you experience whether real or not. We are very succeptable and very attuned to any and all physiological changes in our bodies because of our anxiety. I have done this many many times. I too used to focus on my heartbeat and breathing being totally convinced that there was something wrong!! I used to take my pulse all the time convinced it was too slow or too fast or even not there at all! My tip is to stop this immediately! You ARE NOT GOING TO DIE!! If there was anything wrong with your heart your doctor would have found it with the first ecg.

Please believe me you're ok
Gav
xxx:yesyes: