PDA

View Full Version : Never ending panic + don't feel alive

phil06
10-06-10, 10:42
So here my storey goes today only got up half an hour ago:

Woke up feeling a bit laggy, like I wanted to keep sleeping. Thought came into my head that "I'm not alive"..so I push on get up eat my breakfast..half way into it my heart goes like thunder (another one of my extreme panic attacks)..took my last diazepam and I'm calm 5 mins later.

I have been feeling this "dead" like feeling for months too..maybe depersonalization? I fear going out doing social activities at the moment as my house is a "safe" place..but I'm able to go to work.. this week I've had about 2/3 nerve attacks where it goes like this:

Instantly my heart races at 100 nots I feel numb, frozen, like I'm about to die..so that's when I need something to calm me as relaxation music by that point is no good. Not sure what triggered it but I did have lingering thoughts about this anxiety never leaving me..

I put in a repeat prescription for Propranalol which I was on 2/3 years ago and the doctor has given me it will that stop the heart thing racing? I've had about two months of terrible physical symptoms of anxiety..twice it's happened before and lasted a good few months. At it's worst I can't go on a bus, train, car, shops, cinema anything like that. Plus it's rare I feel "me".

It's horrible..reading books and everything to try and help! :lac:

Zee
10-06-10, 11:25
Ive got the same problem with leaving the house and public transport at the moment. I can get my dog out for a local walk but even then Im always thinking I just want to get home but I persevere for her sake.
I get into high anxiety feeling rather than full blown panic attack but Im the same with a list of symptoms that have come and gone to be replaced by new ones over past couple months. I just get so disheartened by it all and like you think it will never go. But 10 years ago with my first anxiety bout I did get through it after 7 months and it didnt return until 10 years later. Im still not sure what triggered it other than going to the doctor ( have a phobia of them), and subsequent tests which really set me off.

martin1976
11-06-10, 12:57
I can totally relate to the feeling of not being yourself, it is a constant symptom of my anxiety and over the last week it has become more and more unbareable. I find the best way of combatting this is chatting to anyone so I feel more like myself when I'm conversing through impulse. It is most difficult at night when my partner and child are asleep, its almost like I'm afraid to be on my own with my own thoughts. Thats the only way I can describe it.
I have also had the I am dead feeling, or the "maybe all this is a dream" kind of thing which can all be distressing so I do understand how you feel.
I have just been prescribed propananol but I've not taken it yet (I don't like taking new medicines) so I couldn't comment on that working or not.
Hope things get better for you which I'm sure they will.
All the best.
Martin

phil06
28-01-11, 17:11
Six months on I'm getting these attacks I feel weak, hyperventilating shortness of breath all day. So anxious even reading a book is hard.

It all started with this depersonalization again. How can this symptom destroy my life? It's awful.. I'll never be out there enjoying life again. :lac:

anx mum
28-01-11, 20:15
So here my storey goes today only got up half an hour ago:

Woke up feeling a bit laggy, like I wanted to keep sleeping. Thought came into my head that "I'm not alive"..so I push on get up eat my breakfast..half way into it my heart goes like thunder (another one of my extreme panic attacks)..took my last diazepam and I'm calm 5 mins later.

I have been feeling this "dead" like feeling for months too..maybe depersonalization? I fear going out doing social activities at the moment as my house is a "safe" place..but I'm able to go to work.. this week I've had about 2/3 nerve attacks where it goes like this:

Instantly my heart races at 100 nots I feel numb, frozen, like I'm about to die..so that's when I need something to calm me as relaxation music by that point is no good. Not sure what triggered it but I did have lingering thoughts about this anxiety never leaving me..

I put in a repeat prescription for Propranalol which I was on 2/3 years ago and the doctor has given me it will that stop the heart thing racing? I've had about two months of terrible physical symptoms of anxiety..twice it's happened before and lasted a good few months. At it's worst I can't go on a bus, train, car, shops, cinema anything like that. Plus it's rare I feel "me".

It's horrible..reading books and everything to try and help! :lac:

Hi phil how r u feeling? Like yourself im sufferng with panic and anxiety every day is a living hell at mo. What physical symptoms do u get?

Anxious_gal
29-01-11, 00:03
are you getting help? in terms of therapy, support groups, CBT?
It can make a big difference x

suzy-sue
29-01-11, 00:57
The propanolol will stop your heart racing Phil . sue x