PDA

View Full Version : Bank appointment tomorrow..

cat2
10-06-10, 17:42
Right, I need to go to the bank to sign a few documents tomorrow and I'm so scared I'll pass out or panic.
I did go there last week, and was feeling really nervous but they were too busy so i was glad in a way because i didn't have to face anyone.
My husband is coming with me, but i'm so scared i will look like an idiot in front of other people or my husband. I'm scared that I might faint and wake up all scared and people will look at me as if I'm a mental case and laugh, or just get really panicky and won't be able to speak.
Just wanted to ask if you have any tips for me while i'm there?
I find it hard to relax so i always get really panicky before I even go out..
The thought of sitting next to someone and staying calm and in control scares me due to my anxiety.
I have read alot of books about it and I know i need to stay positive and breath correctly, but it still scares me so much i can't sleep..
Hate this condition!!

Thanks,
Cat x

MidnightCalm
10-06-10, 21:05
I have found that distracting yourself helps a lot. If you get any worries about it before you go don't let them go any further, don't think into it, as soon as you start to think BANK change your thoughts to something else, if you do go as far as thinking something bad will happen contradict it with something else like "no that won't happen, I'll be fine and when I come out I'll be glad I did it" that's what I usually do, it doesn't eliminate all the fear but it does help you not to have a massive build up of it so that you influence your body to feel it.
I hope everything goes well :):) x

cat2
11-06-10, 18:57
Thank you midnight :)
I tried that, but sometimes when I'm too tired I find it hard to concentrate on anything else but my negative thoughts and "what if"..
I imagined myself going there and staying calm and getting this thing over with and it was ok (in my head lol), but then I didn't get enough sleep, had to go today and I was so scared. I knew I had to go, but I was certain I was going to faint. I felt weak and I started crying. Then I got in the car with my husband and said to myself, ok, I'm going there but I won't have to go in. We got there and I felt really anxious and just wanted to get out! Then I tried to breath properly and relax but that didn't work too well.
I waited 10 mins till my appointment. I was nervous at first but felt comfortable enough (hubby was making me laugh).
I felt so much better and it was actually good! I enjoyed it funny enough..
So I felt so good after that it I felt I could do more!
I will go out and do my best everyday.
This is the only way to overcome this :)

Thanks again,
Cat x