PDA

View Full Version : breathing and gasping

DEBBZ
10-06-10, 18:20
hi can any one help me i do suffer with anxiety and i was just wanting to no does any one have the breathing funny thing i keep thinking about my breathing as it seems strange and i keep like not gasping but breathing in as if i dont have enough breath every so often which is scaring me i keep thinking there is something wrong with me ,, yet when im not thinking about it i dont notice it but i keep thinking about it
its hard to explain but every so often i take a quick deep breath and i feel like i can not breath with my mouth closed sorry to sound so weird its just freaking me out xx

daybyday
10-06-10, 18:32
I have had that with anxiety. Sensation of not getting enough air, then I swallow air and get a air pocket stuck, until I burp. I know it makes you focus more on your breathing. Try this. Rest your tongue on the top roof of your mouth, breathe in through your nose focusing on your lower belly expanding, relax your tongue and mouth and exhale through your mouth. This will help you get that full breathe and more air into the lungs and a full exhale. Let me know how it helps you. It will take more than one try.

daybyday
10-06-10, 18:52
Have another idea. Sing out loud. I know it sounds silly, but singing will automatically readjust your breathing rythmn. Focus on the song, the lyrics, dance around a bit. I can't carry a note at all:) but I figure it sounds great to God, and usually I find myself laughing at that way off note I hit. And we all know laughter boosts the good balances to our system.

DEBBZ
10-06-10, 18:53
thanks for replying , its starting to worry me as i have anxiety but this is a new one , i am finding my self focusing on it all the time now im sat here writing to you with my tongue on the roof of my mouth i will try that thank you its the gasping think that panics me well i dont gasp but take a quick deep breath like im out of breath even if im not doing any thing its a hard one to explain as i dont feel ill just strange and breathless like my lungs are not working

daybyday
10-06-10, 18:57
Yep, know that feeling well. One gasp makes us worry, which produces another gasp. Like when we cry, and we do that quick little shaky breaths. You can go ahead and cry, sometimes that cry it out brings a release.