PDA

View Full Version : Panic after hitting my head

lovethepacey
10-06-10, 20:22
Yesterday morning at the gym I was bending down to change the weights and as I was coming up I hit my head on a metal bar on the machine. It hurt but it wasn't too hard and I did not black out or anything (I can remember everything that happened just fine) and was able to continue lifting. I was fine for a few hours and then I had a minor headache so of course I started to panic and google and got tons of stories about brains bleeding and concussions and everything so I have been having panic attacks ever since. My mom thinks that I am fine as I am not throwing up and I was able to sleep just fine through the night and she said if it was something serious that it would have happened within 6 hours of the injury. I am still scared and thinking of going to the Dr tomorrow even though I was just there on Monday for something else. I had been feeling lightheaded but I am going to chalk that up to panicking for the past 24 hours. Sorry to ramble just needed to talk to people who would understand how I feel and maybe get some reassurance that I am OK.

Little miss worry
10-06-10, 20:28
Oh sweetie, your absolutely fine! If you didnt knock yourself out and have no memory loss, you will have just shaken your brain a bit! i know how our vivid imaginations can cause these horrible thoughts, but honestly i can confidently say your absolutely fine!.. did a lump come out? :) I fell over skiing this year and knocked my self out, i had a headache for 4 days couldnt eat a thing and was violently being sick. and i am still here to reassure you! :) dont worry about it, the stress will give you headaches and i gets you into a vicious cycle! :D xx

lovethepacey
10-06-10, 20:51
Thanks for the response. Yes there is a little bump there but nothing major. I am thinking that I thought the headaches were worse than they really were. I am glad that you were ok after your accident sounds like it was hell to go through. I really need to learn that Googling never ends up well! I stopped Googling for so long but am falling back into it. I almost fainted last night from the panic!

HAve a great evening.

Little miss worry
10-06-10, 21:12
Well news of a lump couldnt be better, the onset of a lump means there is not internal bleeding so theres reaasurance for you! :) Dr. google was the worst invention! im avoiding it within an inch of my life now, its nearly wrecked my life on many occasions! Google never ends well! :L

Good luck and please stop worrying, you've no need to! :D
All The best. Lauren x