PDA

View Full Version : Hi,newbie looking for some help

lammylama
10-06-10, 22:12
Hi everyone,My name is Mark, im 41 and i suffer with bad anxiety,panic attacks and depression. I am at my wits end right now as i feel its starting to take control of my life and am worrying im getting worse as i age. The trouble is im a lorry driver so bad anxiety is not the best condition for me to have when behind the wheel of a 26 ton truck. Ive had a few panic attacks whilst driving and everytime i get in the lorry i feel myself start to worry about having another and as we all know you can actually bring on a panic attack from just thinking about it.
I seem to go through bouts of it....its always there but sometimes bearable but when it gets bad ,its bad. I have this complete fear about me all the time,constantly think im going to die of a heart attack or some other life threatening disease.
Thats only a few of the feelings i get , i dont need to list the rest as im sure you all know how im feeling.
After so many years of suffering and the fact it seems to be getting worse with age,i really need to do something about it before it affects my ability to drive and jepodise my future at work and with my family.

I felt it would be benificial to talk to other sufferers to try and ease some of my anxieties.

Thanks for reading this....its only a vague essay but you get the jist.

From a tearful Mark

Best regards

nomorepanic
10-06-10, 22:15
Hi lammylama

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

pammy1944
10-06-10, 22:17
Welcome to nmp .........there are plenty on here with panics disorders ......... Keep smiling and good luck x

lammylama
10-06-10, 22:30
Thanks Pammy......ive looked on various forums before but never joined any so here i am. I have to make a valiant effort to recover from this and try to get the old Mark back.Im missing him!!
Going through a particulary bad few days for some reason,think its the stress at work thats brought this bout on!

Baggs
10-06-10, 23:05
I hope that this great site helps you as much as it has helped me. All the best. Baggs.

Antonio2301
10-06-10, 23:15
Hiya mark.. when i joined nmp just over a month back it was a comfort to know im not on my own with this .. ive found it very supportive and its certainly eased off my anxieties .. theres plenty of help and support here and just remember your not alone in this .. keep your chin up and you`ll get there as i hope everyone else will ..
p.s ive had the old tony back once and im dertemined to get him back again ! :yesyes: .. cheers mark and all the best .. Tony

staypositive
11-06-10, 05:48
Hey Mark :) Welcome mate and it's good to see you here, and can I say driving a lorry is awesome!!

I hope you find this place helpful :)

Dan

Veronica H
11-06-10, 23:29
:welcome:Mark. Glad that you have found us.

Veronicax