PDA

View Full Version : no more.......no bl**dy more!

randomworry
11-06-10, 00:23
I have had enough of being a victim of hypochondria and i have promised myself to stand up to it from tonight. I almost have an attitude right now of so what if I have whatever fatal disease i would rather be happy now and die from that than be miserable for decades.

so i say no more and will be writing a journal which I will keep up no matter what to chart my recovery from my rock bottom with this emotional problem.

May need some medication along the way too who knows! but hopefully not as i am med free at the moment.

Going home
11-06-10, 00:27
Bloody good for you random...kick it up the backside! and coincidently ive just been reading your replies to a thread, and you gave such good advise...but why is it we can never take our own? Keep posting and telling us how you feel and sharing any positive thoughts.

best wishes
Anna xxx

randomworry
11-06-10, 00:29
lol you hit the nail on the head we all can not take our own advice but we can change that

John_Daryl
11-06-10, 00:31
Its such a hard thing to beat, only scientific evidence shuts me up. As soon as I get test results im fine, but until then I constantly beating myself up asking myself "what if its this"
"what if its that".

Im making my friends feel miserable around me, my girlfriend is starting to get a little pissed off because im not myself around anyone.

5 years iv had these glands for and because iv finished college and not got a job yet its always on my mind.

Hope you can get through this.

daybyday
11-06-10, 00:32
I'm a hypocondriac too. So I will be reading your posts to help me.

Going home
11-06-10, 00:35
Daryl, 5 years? you gotta let it go. I know its hard once you're in the loop, but don't let it go on. Ive let my heart worries go on for 30 years...30 years!! If there was something bad going on with these lymphnodes it would have shown up by now, they would have tested positive by now at some point and you would have been feeling really ill, and i mean reeeeally ill. What does your rational self say?

Anna xxx

allergyphobia
11-06-10, 00:39
GO RANDOM WORRY! :) x

randomworry
11-06-10, 00:56
i dont know if this will be of any help to anyone but sometimes when i feel convinced i have something really wrong with me i think of inspirational people like stephen hawking.

stephen hawking found out he had ALS at 21 i think it was and the doctors said he would be dead in like couple years and what did he do he started a PhD. Now he is in his 60's and still working.

so why should we put our lives on hold due to anxiety!?

the fact that i cant answer that question tells me i have to beat health anxiety out of me whatever it takes!

randomworry
11-06-10, 00:58
so basically what i am saying is even if we are dying why stop living and start acting miserable there is no point although of course i appreciate how hard it is not to be miserable sometimes i have to force myself to smile in photos (not a pretty sight!) lol

Going home
11-06-10, 01:05
Thats exactly right random, he is a good example and he has an incurable illness and look at what he achieved, yet we're not dying...and I think we all know this really deep down underneath all the anxiety...so why do we waste so much of our lives? why do we give so much time and attention to these stupid symptoms? its madness...:scared15:

Anna xxx

Going home
11-06-10, 01:15
And don't forget, we can't get rid of anxiety completely, its not possible (well not without drugs anyway) because our body is programmed to feel some anxiety in certain situations and thats normal. The key is to accept that will happen sometimes and not to overreact and make it ten times worse. The mistake alot of anxious people make after a long time of anxiety symptoms, is to want to get rid of anxiety completely, and thats not realistic.

Anna xxx

nomore
11-06-10, 09:31
I have had enough of being a victim of hypochondria and i have promised myself to stand up to it from tonight. I almost have an attitude right now of so what if I have whatever fatal disease i would rather be happy now and die from that than be miserable for decades.

so i say no more and will be writing a journal which I will keep up no matter what to chart my recovery from my rock bottom with this emotional problem.

May need some medication along the way too who knows! but hopefully not as i am med free at the moment.

This is excellent!! :yesyes:

A realisation like this one is what can start you on your road to recovery! Like you said; why worry and fear things which you have little control over?! There is no point, this kind of thinking will rob you of your life, and there is nothing more terrifying that that! Let go of your fears and look towards the future, there is much to live for.

I wish you all the success in your journey and don't let small setbacks stop you!

randomworry
11-06-10, 13:15
sorry guys i know i said last night i was going to be writing a journal on here but i think i need to have a holiday from no more panic for a while!!