PDA

View Full Version : cipralex 30mg

annitsa
11-06-10, 08:24
Dear Sir
I am new in the forum so I would like your support in this.
Three years ago I had my first panic attack...after three months I visited the doctor and I was diagnosed with general anxiety disorder. So, i started my treatment with cipralex 20mg and it worked perfect for me. I quit off the medicine four months later as I was feeling back to normal. Six months later my anxiety came back so I was on cipralex 10mg for two months and for 8 months on 5mg. Starting the process of quiting off the medicine, I was on 2.5 mg for 4 months, when my anxiety and the fear of getting a panic attack again came back. So, I started for two weeks the 10mg , and because I wasn't feeling any better I went back to 20mg. This lasted 6 months, and because I was feeling ok I was on 10mg again for four months. And three weeks ago here is the anxiety again. Been on 20mg again for two weeks I had no improvement so my doctor told me to go on 30mg. Do you believe it will work for me again? Or do you believe that I should change med?
My doctor insists that if the cipralex has worked for me all these times it will work again. I am on day 4 with 30 mg and the difference is very small.
I have to notice that all these times that i was on and off the medicine I din't feel any side effects at all.
Waiting to your comments
Annitsa

Micko
27-07-10, 15:48
guess you gotta ride the storm! Ive tried everything amitriptyline, mirtazapine, clonazepam, buspirone wondering whether to try cipralex again was on it for years but stupidly stopped it suddenly went crazy tried to top myself in nuthouse for 2 months the clonazepam helps short-term but bloody addictive! tried CBT no joy gonna ask shrink if I can come off mirtazapine and try cipralex again must admit when I was on it was drinking as well but continued with it after stopped drinking my stupidity was just because I felt fine one day stopped taking it after years wish Id just stopped the antabuse and gone for a pint least I would have 2 hands now!