PDA

View Full Version : ache in back/side!!!

zippy
11-06-10, 10:19
I am really fed up of the aching in the left side of my back and front and sometimes my side and its there all the time now.I know its connected to why i have diarrhea and nausea.My stools seem to be clay coloured as well.I have had a chest x ray and a camera up into my colon, bloods done fbc,liver function,kidney function,sugar,thyroid and cholestorel and inflammation and everything is ok.
The doctor gave me some lanserazapol yesterday to see if its my stomach but i dont think its just that and he said to go back in a week,it sometimes hurts when i breath.I know i have a gallstone but the doctor said that isnt causing it because it would have showed up in the bloods.I am waiting for a pelvic ultrasound.I dont know what other tests to ask for.
I am trying my best not to google symptoms as i know it makes me worse.

i love tea
11-06-10, 10:57
Might seem a strange question but are you left or right-handed? :)

zippy
11-06-10, 11:19
left handed.

MightyPC
11-06-10, 11:37
Zippy, if you have a gallstone and it is trapped then this will cause the pain you mention, though it usually is on the right side. an Ultrasound of the gallbladder would reveal the stones and if you have a thicken Gallbladder wall. An enscopogy of the gallbladder would reveal if it`s slugged up.

zippy
11-06-10, 11:46
It probably isnt the gallstone because as you say its usually the right.Whats an enscopy of the gallbladder? Would an ultrasound not see this? I am getting a pelvic scan but that wont look at my gallbladder will it?

MightyPC
11-06-10, 12:12
Endoscopgy (camera) goes down from the top. I had an EUS which is also able to do an internal ultrasound. It`s not pleasant and I was put out.

I had the oesphagus, pancreas, gallbladder, stomach and top of dueodum checked.

zippy
11-06-10, 12:27
Is that endoscopy down your throat into your stomach? Whats an eus? Do you think i should be worried as the doc doesnt seem overly concerned because my bloods were ok.Did they find anything with you?

i love tea
11-06-10, 12:28
I asked whether you are left or right-handed as I think it sounds like muscle tension because you are anxious and stressed and I think you probably sit at the computer for long periods too - I've had the same thing on the right side and I'm right-handed. I would say you're probably suffering from muscle tension and IBS - I can guarantee the combination of pain and upset stomach will make you feel lousy... Remember, the symptoms of IBS can include headache, burning eyes, back ache etc. etc.

zippy
11-06-10, 12:42
I am getting headaches to on the left.It hurts down by left hip as well and sometimes my left shoulder and under my arm.I just dont feel right at all.I am taking co codamol but it isnt getting rid of it.

Horse
11-06-10, 15:03
Point of interest here Zippy regarding the gallbladder.

An ultrasound won't always show gallstones. Sometimes they are very small (crystals) and these don't always show up unless you lay on your side, then move quickly onto your back whilst they hold the scanner there. hence the crystals will then move and show up on the monitor. However, your gallbladder can become inflamed even if you have mild stones, and this will cause a certain degree of discomfort. This can normally be brought about by too much acid causing the inflammation.

I had my gallbladder out a year ago owing to small crystals, it was inflammed but they left the crystals in there, presumably if they're small they disapear of their own accord. Inflammation of various areas can be due to acid.

Just a thought.

zippy
11-06-10, 15:11
so do you think i should ask for an abdominal ultrasound scan? The ache is on my left though and gallbladder pain is on the right although i do sometimes feel discomfort on my right as well near my spine.So will the lansoprazol cure it if it is acid? Its more like an ache in my back which sometimes feels under my armpit and front.
They found a 1inch gallstone last time and said it wasnt big enough to cause problems.

MightyPC
11-06-10, 15:24
No, my ultrasound was clear though showed a thickened wall. The surgeon then advised that I have the EUS camera, endoscopic ultrasound but there was no sludge in the gallbladder and he said all was ok, apart from bile in the duedeum which shouldnt have been there as I had to fast prior to the procedure.

Interesting Horse, would inflammation from acid cause blood inflammation markers to rise?

zippy
11-06-10, 15:34
my blood inflammation markers were normal.I also feel tired all the time and my right leg and foot keep going numb today.I just dont know whats going on with my body, i am sick of it all and tests showing nothing.I keep confessing to the doctors that i think something serious is going on but they disagree because of my bloods being ok,chest xray ok,mammogram ok and bowel endoscopy ok.

MightyPC
11-06-10, 15:48
Well that has to be encouraging. At least it seems that your Dr listens to you. They hate it if you question them. I have felt shite since Xmas. Endoscope okay, colonoscopogy showed that my bowel was in spasm, ultrasound showed that my bladder was in spasm and FBC, kidney, Liver tests ok. I requested that I have more bloods which they were reluctant to do and hey ho, the CRP showed that something was going on in my body. I have had pains n aches in my joints for over 5 months and the dr said it was anxiety and put me on cits even without doing any tests. He even sent me to a therapist who said, "what are you doing here? there is nothing mentally wrong with you". The questions you have need to be answered by a dr. I have been really tempted to write my story on here. Even the nurse 2 weeks back said that I had been treated appallingly. Personally, I have lost all faith in the health service.

Horse
11-06-10, 16:18
Not sure if excess acid would cause blood markers to rise.

Lets face it, acid can cause no end of probs.