PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new,were to begin.......

dawnym
10-02-06, 09:51
[V]...I haven't been out of the house in over 12 month's and getting someone to listen and help is worse than the illness itself.
Back to the beginning..at 12 my stepfather was convicted of abuse and sentensed to 6 month's in prison.He served 3.
It was me that told on him,I told a friend who told her aunt who told my nan.I came home from school to find all the family in the room.
After I was questioned I was sent to my room,then to my nan's and it has never been spoke of since,my sister was the one who gave the statement etc.
I stayed with my nan for a couple of weeks then we moved in to a council house,then he was released and came home.......
Everything changed we had to be clothed at all times if we were going in the bath we had to take everything in that you would need,I suppose that is one of the reasons I'm so organised now.
Life was awful he hated me and you could see it,I spent a lot of time at my nan's she loved me just the way I was.
We moved again as life was hard for mum,they bought a house and this was our new life.....I remember loving school and friends but hated the last school bell,the sexual abuse had stopped but the hate grew stronger and more fierce,everything was my fault and I had no where to run or hide.
At 14 I was babysitting for mums friend,I had to go to the shop there was a short cut behind the house down a gravel path.On my was back I saw a lad from our year he was with a younger lad he had no trousers on......the lad from our year held me down while the other had his fun,he had a pot on his arm and in the struggle hit me in the face.To this day my mum never knew and what is worse is I could see her in the kitchen,she never asked about my face as she was used to seeing me with bruises.
At the age of 15 he went too far and I ran....I moved in with a friend and her mum and dad.
At the age of 16 met a boy and moved in with him,got married at 21,had twins (1 boy/1 girl) at 22,he was a dream come true I don't know if I ever truely loved him but he was like my best friend.
Well until he had an accident at work and lost most of his right hand then it all went wrong again he was angry all the time,I was working full time and the twins were nearly 3.I had applied for a house and one had come up.I loved my life my own home and my only goal to give my kids the best start I possibly could.Their dad last saw them at their 3rd birthday.They are 10 now.
My family had limited visits all on my say so,but still they made me feel bad little comments or opinions.
At 26 I met the man I'm with now together we have a son aged 5,he took on my two as his own.
We have had our troubles at 26 week pregnant he walked out saying he was not ready,I was devistated.He came visiting after I had had the baby.Soon we were back together,but was it just for the baby he wanted me.....
He left several more times I always begged him to come back and he always did.Until the last time when I said okay I deserve better.
I never called and ignored his calls,he now says before he knew I would take him but suddenly it hit him I'm loosing everything.
All was great until my daughter went into early puberty and suddenly I saw my stepfather as a threat before I had not wanted to upset my mum as we were getting on great.He must have sensed something was wrong,eventually after a massive arguement where they called me some awful things they stormed out have not seen them in months,the kids got a card at christmas,my daughter threw hers in the bin and said "if you haven't got one I don't want one".
My sister has had a baby I've never seen,I had to change my email address as she kept sending me nasty mail telling me what she thought of me.
Gradually I stopped going for the kids from school,and now stopped going anywhere at all.My partner does evrything outside the house.
I spend my days cleaning and organising the house.I don't go out as I don't like people if my family don't want me why would anyone else.

alexis
10-02-06, 10:03
Hi Dawn and welcome to the forum, I know you will meet lots of people and make new friends.
You have certainly had it rough, and your self esteem has taken a right battering.
I am sure people will be along soon who are in or have been in similar positions.
Take care and have a real good look around, read the posts, you will soon see there are people starting to venture out again who have also been in the house for long lengths of time. Take care and keep in touch.xxx

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

chucklehound
10-02-06, 10:17
Hi Dawn and welcome to the forum!:D

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

tracyp584
10-02-06, 10:42
Hey Dawn,

A big welcome to the site, you will find a lot of advice and support here.

Take care,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

trac67
10-02-06, 11:01
Hi Dawn,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Meg
10-02-06, 12:46
Hello Dawn

It has been one tough thing after the other and it seems that you never had any understanding, support or help for your issues early on which is the key to swift recovery and things drifted and yoru fears grew until you became agoraphobic.

It is never too late to get help and to reverse the trends and habits you have got into.

You could do with some short term CBT to help you with the acute issues but you may need some longer term counselling to help you come ot terms with some of the things that happened with your family earlier on.

Well done for managing to bring up and care for your children throughout it all.

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Maxine's cbt progress. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2308)
CBT (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5287)
Starting CBT (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5323)
Does CBT work? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6671)
FW: I am getting there! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7478)

Agorophobia (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6184)
im back now! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6310)
Agoraphobic - how did that happen? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6745)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Tomimo
10-02-06, 20:00
Hello Dawn.

Welcome to the forums. It sounds like you have been through some tough times.

I hope this site brings you support, encouragement and friendship.

Annie x

Karen
10-02-06, 20:10
Hi Dawn

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for your very open first post and it certainly sounds like you have been through so much over the years. You have coped remarkably well without any help or support, particularly as a child when parents are meant to look after and protect you.

I hope you can get some help from a therapist to help you through these current and past issues. Having had problems since my childhood I found that my issues grew and have been added to over the years.

Recovery doesn't happen overnight but with some professional help and support from friends and this forum, you can get there.

Karen

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels

jackie
10-02-06, 20:51
hi dawn, hope you get some comfort here from people who want to help not hurt. no nasty hatred here, just a safe place to talk anytime

jackie

seh1980
10-02-06, 22:31
Welcome aboard!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

feege
11-02-06, 11:19
Welcome Dawn

I hope you find this site gives you some support - you deserve it, I think you must be very strong to have coped the way you have...

There are some fantastic people here and we all have our stories to tell and we can recover....

Good luck hun xxxx

fee
xx

clickaway
11-02-06, 18:08
A big warm welcome to you Dawn,

I think this site provides one hell of a lot of comfort, and boy do you need that!

It is also a good place to get to know others for mutual friendship and support.

Take Care,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

sueiamnew
11-02-06, 18:55
Hi Dawn and welcome to the site.

jill
11-02-06, 20:39
Hi Dawn

WELCOME TO THE SITE

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

marce
12-02-06, 02:04
Dear Dawn
As I was reading your story I thought of how much courage it must have taken just to put your story down and share it with us here. In your words, it was easy to see that not only have you been through so much trauma but you found your own ways of coping and believing in your inner strength. However, these horrible acts of violation will no doubt have bruised and battered you sense of self worth and esteem...I believe like others here that counselling would be of so much help to you and your children. It may be a long journey but you will have support through out it and that is so important when you have had so little in your life ( at laest that was my experience). It is time that you have your feelings and experiences validated so that you can move forward and live a life you deserve.
You will find so much warm support here....and no judgements. It really is safe.
Take good care
Marce

michellemumof4
20-06-07, 09:26
Dear Dawn,

This is the first time i have wrote my story so i hope it helps,

ok my mother has and always has a form of attention disorder, all the way through childhood this effected me and my three brothers, I was basically the mother of the house from around the age of 8, Mother was alway to busy either wallowing in self pity or being ill in so many way, she once stayed in a wheelchair for almost 2 years convinced herself she couldnt walk, she did the strangest of things sleepwalking the local area naked, taking overdose, self harming ect ....... she also have seizures like epilepsy altho when the tests were done by the doctors it proved she was clear and didnt have the illness, we were isolated from a large family bacause non of them would speak to her, so it was literally me 3 brothers and mum and dad. I was told at the age of 9 that the father who I thought was dad wasnt my real dad, and that my real father was a no good man who abused and beat my mother ( nice thing to hear ! )

At the age of 15 I met my husband we got married at 21 and now have four lovely children, I have always tried to distance myself from my mother as I know how much of a negative impact it has on me, however she has developed a relationship wth my children and that has come with some problems , for instance once one of my sons was stayin over her house for the night and i got a phone call telling me to go get him fast as mother was stood on a table trying to insert tampons into a light swtich , I remember also getting phone calls at all times of the night to tell me she had either self harmed or gone walking the streets and no one could find her ...

My anxiety started in febuary of last year and the doctor said to me "its all in your head " OH BOY was that the wrong thing to say I nose dived big time convinced myself i was mother , had thoughts of harming my kids myself ect ..

It took a lot of time and support for me to change the way i was thinking and to realise that I am ME , I am now almost fully recovered have the odd blips but i can handle them, I am stronger wiser and better for having been though it,

I have given just a snippet of info because belive me I could write a book ...

The situation now - well at the request of others i tried to build a relationship with her some months ago, i took her for lunch invited her to be part of my life again , and I got hurt , now non of the family are speaking to me ect.............. it knocked me for six , i am still having moments of tears about it , BUT i have a fantastic husband 4 brilliant kids and most of all I have ME a strong determined woman who will get through it ,

We all have a past babe some worse that others, as for me well I wont allow mine to taint my future any longer ..

I wish you luck darlin xxxxx

Lindalou64
20-06-07, 16:25
Hi Dawn
Im so sorry you had to go though so much ugliness in ya life....Im sure you will get lots of support and info here and one day you will be back out with ya head held high, my thoughts are with ya I wish ya the best....Linda x

Southern_Belle
20-06-07, 16:47
Hi Dawn,

Thank you for sharing your story. You will be among friends here and will find support.

Laura

nomorepanic
20-06-07, 19:11
Please note that Dawn hasn't been on the site for 3 months so will probably not see your messages.

Michelle - you could try mailing her if you wanted to.