PDA

View Full Version : Full Bloods

HazG
11-06-10, 11:16
My GP had a full blood count done on me over a week ago,they came back normal but i was wondering what they would tell him? when i asked the nurse she said oh he has aksed for everything so if anything untoward is going on it will show up and he will ask to see you!

I had them because i was feeling so poorly,not eating feeling sick,IBS playing up cold and shakey all the time he put it down to stress due to the loss of my mum,he did say he thought they would be normal but wanted to make sure he wasn't missing anything!

So what can they show up?

xfilme
11-06-10, 13:50
well depending on what they take and how many samples they can cover a lot of things. I asked for everything. They can show results showing anaemia, iron deficiency, kidney, thyroid, liver and suchlike. if they all came back normal, then its like a simplified full MOT on your body. Means yer doin gooood :) x

Zee
11-06-10, 14:24
Had mine done 8 weeks ago. 4 little tubes blood taken. They did FBC, liver and kidney function, cholesterol, thyroid, sugar . I was told physically very well. I asked about signs in the FBC and GP said, there were no markers in the results that anything was going on at all.So the tests are good as a sign of general health.

zippy
11-06-10, 15:16
I had mine done 3 weeks ago fbc,lft,cholestoral,thyroid, inflammation,kidneys,sugar and all were ok. I am still feeling ill and the doctor has reassured me on a number of occasions if anything sinister was going on something would be amiss in my bloods.

HazG
11-06-10, 16:59
Thanks they took about four tubes i ahd to wait for bone renal and kidney but they came back normal,thank goodnes as i was worried i had cancer or something i was feeling so poorly.