PDA

View Full Version : Constant servere dizziness/vertigo and nausea an anxiety symptoms ?

leebe18
11-06-10, 12:25
not a spinning feeling but a vertigo off balance feeling , with nausea Doctor said its anxiety but i don't always feel obviously anxious i have had it off and on for 8 months and it can return after weeks/month and often lasts for a few days to a week , can this deffinatle be caused by anxiety?? im 20 and hav had blood test urine tests and basic nerological tests in the dr's office all came bk negative ,Im worried i hav a brain tumor or MS :weep: , thanks

willitstop
11-06-10, 20:21
I have the exact same thing and my doctor also put it dont to my anxiety :(
i do find that if i drink plenty of fluids it really helps with the dizziness.

joannap
11-06-10, 20:27
my uncle had this as part of his anxiety although he too did not feel anxious at the time - he had to literally hold onto things when walking. this was an early warning sign for him (he was very stressed in his job) so try to work out what you could be stressed about even if you consciously do not feel stressed plus - the less you worry about feeling dizzy - the more it will improve. it is well known that anxiety can manifest in physical symptoms. i am presuming you have had your ears checked? that it is not an ear infection or something like this?

leebe18
11-06-10, 20:44
Thank you both ! i feel better knowing im not alone , and yes i hav had my ears checked out . i guess il hav to find a way to live with it

willitstop
11-06-10, 21:13
i had all the checks done thats why they put it down to my anxiety :(
suppose its just one of the annoying things we have to learn to live with