PDA

View Full Version : Diazepam/Valium worries

Gemmee
11-06-10, 14:32
I have been on Citalopram for nearly 4 weeks now & had started having bad side affects so doctor reluctantly prescibed me some 10mg Valiums, i took 2 that night which made me feel so much better, all anxiety, fears, dwpression just seemed lifted & even the next day i felt like a new woman ( i didnt take any in the day) then last night i took 2 again when i got home as i felt slightly stressed & the same thing again i jus felt so completely relaxed & content all night & then again today but already i am worrying that i will become dependant on them or fear that when i stop taking them il feel crap again? any advice appreciated thank you :huh:

Baggs
11-06-10, 23:55
Diazepam is addictive, so be careful. These days most docs are reluctant to prescribe more than two weeks of it. All the best. Baggs.

Alabasterlyn
12-06-10, 13:36
I do agree with Baggs that Diazepam can be addictive, but I think if you take it with caution and not for too long then you will be fine.

I'm surprised your GP has given you such a high doseage of it though. If you are taking 2 at a time that would be 20mgs and is fairly high I think.

SSRI's do have a tendency in some people to increase anxiety when you first take them and that should wear off once you get used to them, so I'm sure your anxiety levels will drop shortly anyway.

Dahlia
12-06-10, 18:32
I agree with Lyn - your dosage does seem very high. My GP and psychiatrist have only ever prescribed 2.5mg tablets. You will probably find that you'll be just as relaxed if you take only 1 x 10mg tablet - and you could even consider breaking that in half and taking just 5mg, especially if you're worried about dependency.

Dahlia

Panic Man
04-07-10, 14:26
Gemmee stop it NOW. I took the same for Paxil side effects and then unbe known to me the valium started causing problems! I am now in cold turkey 9th week of valium (taking for 5 months 5mg up to 4 times a day.) I am suffering hell in withdrawal!
STOP TAKING IT and just endure the side effects of Citalopram, I can assure they are nothing compared to what could happen on valium and your dose is large!