PDA

View Full Version : A panicky canuck

AnniePlacebo
12-06-10, 05:15
Hello
I am new to this site and to panic.
I experienced my first panic attack less then six months ago.
At first my panic was isolated to the "random" attacks, but as of late is
almost completely constant.
I've had a lot of upheaval in my life in the past year and i think all of the negativity has just piled up and become this big ball of panic inside me.
I have difficulty breathing all day long and find myself crying a lot.
I've always had a mild obsession/discomfort regarding issues surrounding my heart, all beginning as far as I can remember, with the death of my grandfather from a heart attack.
This event was what eventually caused me to quit smoking weed (thankfully),
as I would get extremely anxious about my heart every time I did.
Now years later, I think these fears are resurfacing.
Absolutely any substance sets me off now, including the valium type drugs that are supposed to calm me down.
I hate taking them, because I have always had an aversion to the pharmaceutical industry after seeing the way anti-depressants and tranqs
twisted the lovely personalities of my close friends.
And the side effects people report are enough to send me running.
I am human and i am supposed to have feelings and I think there's obviously something wrong with the way I'm living that I need to fix, as opposed to
Veiling that emotion under a blanket of false happiness/sedation.
Anyways, I'm yibbity yabbering on forever here, these are just things on my mind the past while.
I luckily have a pretty awesome family to help with this, but it's becoming obvious to me, I have to do more then cry to my family everyday, as this is no longer providing much relief.
My mind is constantly racing and I just want to relax for at least one full friggin day
This is a pretty awesome site/resource.
I'm glad I came across it.
I'm just shocked at how many people deal with this every day, and how until
you're dealing with it yourself, you don't think about the other people who may be sitting with you on the bus, feeling the same awful way you do, as they try to continue doing something that not too long ago was not even remotely an issue.

diane07
12-06-10, 05:27
Hi AnniePlacebo

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

gary_2.0
12-06-10, 15:19
:welcome: Hi AnniePlacebo, welcome to the club!

There's a lot of good advice on offer here from a sincere group of fellow sufferers. This forum has helped me a lot.

Wishing you all the best.