PDA

View Full Version : Coming Off Mirtazapine

banana
12-06-10, 07:36
Well it has now been 3 weeks pill free, unfortunately for the past 4 nights it has also been no sleep!!! I don't want to go back to taking Mirtazapine so have been trying natural products like Valerian tablets which have helped but am now reaching exhaustion level, amazing how you can keep going with very little or no sleep at all.

Does anybody have any ideas on what else I could try, I have made an appt to see the doc on Monday.

Thanks
Banana

JT69
12-06-10, 09:00
Hi Banana,

The only suggestion I have if the herbal remedies are not really helping is asking your GP for zopiclone.....I know I have taken these in the past when I have started meds and they have caused insomnia.

Well done for coming off the mirtazipine and being pill-free.

How are you feeling?? Are you not going on any other meds??

Take care and hope you can get some sleep soon.

JO.xx

Pinkuiro
16-06-10, 15:27
Hi Banana

I have just been dropped down to 15mg of Mirtazapine after nearly two years on 30mg, can i ask, how you came off them? My doctor has said he will leave me on 15mg for the next few months to see how i go and then hopefully come off them altogether and i just wondered how other people got on with coming off them

Pink :)

banana
16-06-10, 15:33
Hi Pinkuiro, I am not going to pretend it was easy but I had had enough of taking them so what I did was to come down half a tablet every 2 weeks. I was on 45mg so it has taken about 3 months to come off of them.

I feel better now I have stopped taking them, have more energy and want to do things instead of just sitting around doing nothing.

Hope this helps and that things go okay with you coming off of them.