PDA

View Full Version : Headache, very anxious:(

Lissy43
12-06-10, 21:20
I have a headache which is just on crown of my head and just on the right side. Hurts when i stand up, walk, move sudden, feels like a heavy brick is on that side. I've had this before and it's felt like a tension headache but tonight im anxious its something far worse :( ive had 2 in the last 10 weeks sincd starting a low dose pill, im on day 1 of my pill free week and im panicking its something serious caused by the pill:((

normally they go after a good nights sleep so surely its nothing. Does it sound like tension? My friend said its like a cluster headache? I'm so worroed, BP is normal which is reassuring i guess.

Can anyone help calm me down?:(

Lissy43
12-06-10, 22:57
Stupid me googled migraines without aura and i do have the symptoms, other than it saying they are usually the front or side of the head, but i do match it in the way that it is one sided (but at crown), worse with movement and it does pulse now and again:-(

Anxious_gal
13-06-10, 00:44
hmm if you had a full blown migraine you would be confined to bed in a dark room!
saying that you might be still be having a mild migraine.
because the pain is on one side thats a symptom, plus it hurts when you move,
do you feel spaced out? kinda weird? or are any of your fingers kinda numb, or nausea, light sensitivity? I get all those when I get migraines.
the pill indeed can cause migraines and headache's, even more so if you have a history of them.
Ive a headach right now been there for a few hours and I'm anxious too!
since you've had 2 maybe go and tell your doctor, or wait it out and see if the pill is the cause :)

Anxious_gal
13-06-10, 00:46
oh some other symtoms of migraines is feeling weak and lacking energy!
try drinking lots of water or warm teas :)

Lissy43
13-06-10, 01:58
Thank you.

No other symptoms at all, just this heavy head pain/throb on right crown area.

It is worse when i move, walk, yawn even... then it pulses in my head:(

I see GP Thursday so will mention it. I did read that migraines without aura when on the pill are not a concern so fingers crossed.

Anxious_gal
13-06-10, 02:02
my headach is the same today, if I move or anything the pain gets worse :(
hope it's not the pill, or hopefully you will find one that doesn't cause headaches .

Lissy43
13-06-10, 02:41
Are you having a migraine now then? x

Anxious_gal
13-06-10, 03:07
oh no I think I have a sinus issue! it was gone but then came back, it's what is causing my headach :)

Lissy43
13-06-10, 06:53
Poor u, ive sinus issues at times too, esp this time of year.

Lissy43
13-06-10, 09:38
Today it has eased, but the right side of my head (ear, behind ear) feels all tense.

Could this just be tension? I googled tension headaches and read they are not usually one sided or on the crown area. I have always put it down to tension in the past and just slept it off. For some reason though I am worried it's migraines:-(

Peter_Scott
13-06-10, 12:06
I think you can have a combination of head pain. I suffer from chronic migraine, and am taking butterbur which is helping some. I get daily mild head pain migraine type pain and once a week or every other week a full blown migraine. Sometimes migraines can lead to other types of headaches like ice pick headaches or cluster headaches.

Migraines are normally one sided, and throbbing type pain, often with nausea, but not always and if like me a host of other neurological symptoms.

Stress can be a trigger to a migraine attack as can certain foods.

The golden rule with headpain is if the pain is new or lasts more than a few days then you should see a doctor. Nine times out of ten it is nothing sinister, the only sure follow up test to ask for if you are concerned is an MRI scan, a CT scan is not very useful for looking a soft tissue like a brain.

Try to relax for a few days to see if it passes, and drink plenty of water.

Peter

Lissy43
13-06-10, 14:00
Thanks Peter.

Thankfully it's nothing new, if i do get these headaches it's always the same and they are not that regular really, ive had 2 in 2 months so surely nothing to panic about. I feel ok today.