PDA

View Full Version : does alcohol cause anyone problems

luckylucy37
13-06-10, 12:22
hi all i have found even a tiny amount of alcohol like one glass makes me feel terrible the next day im on edge shakey feel sick sweating if i have more than 2 glasses i cant funtion following day i dont drink much at all but like birthdays or christmas i get chronic heartburn cant concentrate feel toltaly ruff does anyone else get this? it makes me panic even more i just try to avoid it now but would like to do it socialy.:unsure:

weeble40
13-06-10, 13:37
I suffer terribly after drinking, like you get shakes and sweats, it also makes anx 10 times worse, ill never learn, just got to tell yourself its just the beer making you feel that way

Emms

davey
13-06-10, 14:57
Yes I suffer really bad after enen just a few, palpitations,shaky hands makes me really nervous too. I avoid alcohol now apart from special occasions but one thing that made things slightly better is to have a pint of water after each drink. Helps but doesn't cure

BubbleBonce
13-06-10, 15:42
Yes it really makes me worse. I avoid it mostly and then when I do try the odd glass of wine regret it all over again. It makes me feel even dryer than I am already and I can't aleep after drinking even 1 glass. =,(

oneofus
13-06-10, 16:09
Absolutely, ..... in my back pocket! Two bottles of Vin de France snuck in by the wife and I'm down £10 :-)

Otherwise, I'm on Citaloparam 20Mg and if anything it make wine drinking more economical; one glass suffices where two or three used to be required. In general be sensible, check what your medication recommends and limit yourself accordingly.

AnniePlacebo
13-06-10, 19:25
I can't even drink alcohol anymore it makes the depression and anxiety so bad the next day. Especially if it's beer.
I'd say just avoid it. When I manage to get out and be social, i now use a "decoy drink"
like mineral water, which has a similar fizz to beer or cocktails, and it gives you something to hold in your hand so you don't feel out of place.
It's worth it to just avoid it altogether for now if you feel destroyed the next day.

Martin Burridge
13-06-10, 21:07
Alcohol can affect your level of serotonin. Serotonin is a chemical in the brain that is heavily involved in your emotions and thoughts. There is believed to be a link between low Serotonin levels and Panic Disorder which is why drugs like Citalopram are prescribed as these increase your serotonin levels. Alcohol may increase your serotonin levels temporarily (giving you dutch courage) but when they crash back down (usually the next day) it can cause higher levels of anxiety and various stress hormones get released. Hence an increased likelihood of feeling panicky.
Everybody is different of course and some people can drink without any major anxiety the next day. However if it affects you in this way it is best to avoid the alcohol.
If you have drunk and are feeling anxious the next day just accept that it is probably the effects of the alcohol and it will pass.
Hope this helps

luckylucy37
14-06-10, 03:17
well thats it then no more alcohol thanks for replies:)

Robbs
14-06-10, 13:11
yep it effects me badly and makes me really anxious, i stopped drinking 10 years ago now, i was borderline alcohilic, missed it loads at first now it doesn't bother me at all, i say if it makes you feel terrible then dont bother drinking cos not only can it make you feel worse the next day if you drink to often you can rely on it to make you feel better then it can make your anxiety worse allround not just the next day.

lkdugg2
09-07-10, 09:12
YES! I find that wine especially causes me to wake up in the middle of the night with a thumping heart. Everything I've read on panic suggests giving up alcohol altogether because the good feeling it gives you for the length of time isn't worth it once you wake up to this feeling of sheer panic.