PDA

View Full Version : Just Admitted Im Suffering

davey
13-06-10, 13:51
Hi all, Im new to this site and im really glad iv found it. My doctor has been telling me for years that im suffering an anxiety disorder and i have always denied this thinking iv had some serious medical conditions. I found this site by mistake and when I read the symptoms checker I was shocked, I didn't realise anxiety causes all these problems.....all these problems that I have so im going back to my doctor tomorrow to say to my doctor I think your right and I will accept your help.

I hope you guys can offer me some support and likewise I will offer as much support as I can to those that need it.

Nice to meet you all

Dave:welcome:

diane07
13-06-10, 13:57
Hi davey

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

BubbleBonce
13-06-10, 14:03
Hi Dave,

That's such a huge thing. Well done you! I must admit to bein g the same with my GP, although with other people I'm fine about saying I have anxiety and depression. Strange that. I really hope you get the help you need and recover well.

Takew care

Bubble

Raindog
13-06-10, 14:10
Hi Davey,
Welcome to NMP and you've made that first step to dealing with you anxiety. Once you can say 'ok, this is what I'm dealing with' then you feel like you can start to sort it out. Have a good look through the forums and even tell your doc you've been here, mine was interested to hear about NMP and said it was good that I'd found something to help besides the meds.

Keep us posted on how it goes with the doc tomorrow, I think you'll find once you've spoke with them you'll feel a bit of relief at having accepted it and asked for some help. We all reach a point where we need to ask for it in our lives, this is yours so just go with it.

ASH65
13-06-10, 15:42
davey,
bloody well done mate! it takes courage to do what you have done and everyone on here will applaud you with genuine warmth.wishing you the best for the way ahead.
ASH

JT69
13-06-10, 17:16
Hi Davey,

Well done you!! You have taken the first steps to recovery by admitting you are suffering, you should be proud of yourself!!

Welcome to NMP and feel free to post away and you will find lots of support from people here.

Good luck at the GP's.

Let us know how you get on.

Take care.
Jo.xx