PDA

View Full Version : Did 15mg help you at all?

BubbleBonce
13-06-10, 15:05
I've been on 15mg Mirtazapin for about 6 weeks now. I did stop taking it (big mistake) for about 10 days and then went back to it. Should it be doing something by now? It doesn;t even make me feel sleepy. :weep:

JT69
13-06-10, 15:55
Hi BubbleBonce,

When I took 15mg it knocked me for six....slept for around 15 hrs first night and then felt drunk/drowsy for about a week after that, then it settled down. I think after 6 weeks you should be finding some resbite so it I was you I would make an appointment and have a chat with your GP see what they can suggest.

We are all different though and side effects effect us all differently.

Hope you feel better soon.

JO.xx

KK77
13-06-10, 16:01
15mg is the lowest dose so it may help to increase if it's not helped. You can go up to 45mg and 15mg is considered the starting dose. Odd that it doesn't help you sleep cos as Jo said it knocks most people out - it did with me.

BubbleBonce
13-06-10, 16:54
Hmm, I thought I should have felt 'something' by now. I saw my GP at 4 weeks and she pretty much despaired and I'n sure she thought I should have felt something.

I get very frustrated as I don't seem to react to meds like most people do. Either I get weird side effects, or it makes my anxiety worse or they don't work at all! Very very frustrating. Then it feel to me like the Docs think I'm lying or making stuff up or not trying hard enough. Believe me I want my life back but meds just aint cutting it.

I'm due to see the doc in 2 weeks to see if i need to put it up or whatever so I spose thats what will happen.

Bubble

glsmith
13-06-10, 17:46
Hi Bubblebonce,

I've been on mirtz for 2 week now after having 2 week on another drug. If anything I feel like I have become worse. Crying and soooo tired all the time but can't sleep. Just gone onto 30mg now of mirtz after seeing the doc who said i have to keep going and that she was upping it. x

Stick with it and see how it goes x

BubbleBonce
13-06-10, 19:33
Hi glsmith,

Good to hear I'm not the only one it hasn't done much for at a low dose. I don't know why my GP is holding back on upping the dose? It made me feel alot more weepy too. :weep: I spose it's doing something if only making me worse. The weird thing is I sleep too much. Maybe cuz I am depressed too. Since being on the Mirt I find it harder to get to sleep sometimes. Oh well, I'll try and hang in here. :P

Bubble x

jaded jean
13-06-10, 20:19
I was on mirtazapine for 4 months. 15 mg is a sedatory dose and the 30mg and upwards is a stimulant. Itook the 15mg at night then went up to 30mg to take in the day.
Unfortunately it did not work for me as the anxiety broke thru, but as one of the other members said its different with everyone. Be a little more patient BUT if you are not satisfied or you feel its not helping go to your GP by all means.
Be strong.:D

ElizabethJane
13-06-10, 21:00
Hi Bubble I am taking mirtazapine too 45mg at night. 15mg is regarded as a starter dose. The therapeutic dose is 30-45mg. If after a month the mirt is not working your doctor will either up it or take you off it and try something else. If 15mg is not knocking you out then I suggest you go back to the docs and ask something else. EJ.

BubbleBonce
13-06-10, 21:22
I wonder why my GP wanted to wait 2 months to raise the dose? So Elizabeth Jane, you don;t think it's going to work at all if it hasn't made me sleepy yet? :ohmy:

ElizabethJane
13-06-10, 22:02
My psychiatrist prescribed mirtazapine as an add on to my existing meds at that time. I was on 15mg to start with. I could hardly keep my eyes open for the first few weeks. I did not experience this effect when I went on it a second time. Higher doses do not usually produce sedation. I am not a doctor and speaking from my own exeprience unless you have taken the drug in the past either you need a higher dose or this drug is not working for you. These are my opinions only based on my experience and I am not medically trained. Your psychiatrist/GP are the people who know you best. EJ.

moomintroll
16-06-10, 01:45
i am on 15mg for a week and half now, not sure if its doing anything or not, doctor told me it would help me sleep as one of biggest problems i have with my anxiety is insomnia, not helping it at all, i am taking half in the morning and half at night, i did try a whole one just at night but still never helped me sleep, i am due back at my doctor for a catch up next week about it, the only thing i have noticed with it, is i crave sugary stuff all the time, not good

BubbleBonce
16-06-10, 02:03
I have another week at 15mg but tonight took an extra tablet, so 30mg. I definitely feel more tired and sleepy which 15mg just didn't do for me. That said I could sleep for England so I wasn't actually having a problem with that in the first place. I haven't seen 1 person on here that's only taking 15mg and healing so why my GP thinks I might be OK on that is beyond me. Maybe I'll go back at the ned of this week and ask for an increase?

Moomin the appetite thing went for me after a few weeks, so hang in there. Maybe you need that extra 15mg when you go back to see your doc.

Bubble

JT69
16-06-10, 06:23
Hi Moomin,

I think you need to definately speak to your GP, 15mg usually knocks most people out and I know me personally was definately knocked out when I first started taking it...even at 30mg it made me feel sleepy the first few days.

I do hope that you get sorted soon, and am sure when you speak to your GP he/she will be able to advice.

Take care.
JO.xx

klr
16-06-10, 09:26
Im still on 15ml by the way,been on it for 3 month without the need to up.Its just recently ive been avin a bit of breakthrough anx.