PDA

View Full Version : On another planet with anxiety can't cope with this

phil06
13-06-10, 18:08
I really need some advice or to see a doctor. I'm sick of these panic attacks where I feel:

Unreal
Distant
Heart either too fast or faint
Ill
Bright lights make me worse, especially daylight
Racing thoughts
Unsure of my surroundings, feel strange for hours on end...
Duno who I am at times
Parts of body feel disconnected
Bowel isssues

It's so bad now I can't go out very much apart from work where I get panicky in the car going down the motorway. Just had another panic there...

I'm on propranalol was on diazepam...been like this for 2/3 months now...it's at the point it's unbearable..trying books and everything. I feel either not alive or on another planet..

What do I do..what is wrong with me? surely can't be just depersonalization and anxiety..I'm tried telling myself that so what's wrong?

alwaysanxious
13-06-10, 18:26
hi phil i think u answerd your own question there lol would be good advice to go see your doctor to put your mind at rest ,but as you will see if you go through alot of these post here that it is anxiety/panic as hard as it is to accept anxiety has many forms and can make you feel ill and scared, BUT THERE IS HOPE you can feel better and get better maybe the medication your taking is not suiting you plus i dont know your story why you started to feel like this in the 1st place something that has happened to us in the past or if your stressed out or been worried for along time can bring on these symtoms dont be scared by them you are still normal ,,, i hope ive been a little help as i 2 have suffered those feelings and it does frighten you and upset u but u can get help with it go see the doctor and have a chat with him/her.. u b ok soon enoug

take care lisa

alwaysanxious
13-06-10, 18:27
ps i know when im anxious my spelling is awful lol:D

phil06
13-06-10, 18:35
I just feel so anxious..I've got 100 different reasons for what's wrong with me each day...all health anxiety..

I'm worried this will get worse and I will be house bound..anxiety now is the worst it's been in a few years.

I do have alot of life stress. :shrug: I feel alone suffering in this way at the moment..as these adrenaline rushes are so regular..

alwaysanxious
13-06-10, 19:11
i too have the adrenalin rushes and i hated them but im learning to not fear them as much cos im 41 ive got to get used to them spesh when i start to go on the change of life... its cos ur anxiety is high at the moment thats all stop thinking there is something wrong with you there isnt its your nerves just oversensitized that all and the moor you brood on how your feeling the worse you will feel honest ive done it to myself quiet alot im on my 3rd week of medication to help me with the same thing ,im not out of the woods yet but am feeling a little better honest please dont be scared or worrid as soon as you can try and accept that the rushes and weird thoughts u get and all the feelings cant hurt you and u stop fearing it will lesson . god i remeber sum1 saying the same to me and at the time i was hsyterical but they were right i can see it now dont be sad it will get better
t c lisa

alwaysanxious
13-06-10, 19:14
ps your never alone on this websote its bloody great for us loads of people are here to help

AnniePlacebo
13-06-10, 19:32
You're not alone on this other planet, I'm right there with you brother.
And I can't even imagine driving a car right now, so keep it up, don't stop doing what you
do or you just end up in a hole feeling completely lost.