PDA

View Full Version : Jumbled up vision?

aeroz21
13-06-10, 21:31
Here I am again with another question about another symptom. :)

Does anybody, when they are feeling anxious, get moments when their vision seems all distorted? Like there are 'pictures' in front of your eyes? This has really been scaring me. It's almost like for a moment I am seeing my THOUGHTS in front of my eyes! Guh. Please tell me someone else experiences something similar to this & I'm not about to lose my mind or have a seizure or something.

I am on meds, I've been on sertraline for nearly 5 weeks now and also olanzapine. I was doing better this week, but now I feel like I've taken a step backwards yet again.

Angelai
13-06-10, 21:50
That's wierd - just recently I've noticed that I can be looking at something, but not really seeing if that makes sense? Like I'm looking through instead of at. It's not pictures, just not really seeing what's there. Have you ever tried looking at those magic-eye pictures, where if look at it in a certain way a 3d image will appear? You have to look through the image - they sometimes suggest putting a piece of glass over the top of the picture and looking through the image to your refection, which is beyond the picture, if that makes sense (again). Well, that's what it feels like my eyes are doing, not focussing on what's right there. This probably doesn't make sense, after all :wacko:

Anyway, sometimes it can be really hard to concentrate on what's in front of me! Similar to the aura symptoms I get with migraines sometimes.
So, yeah - distorted.

It's possible it could be anxiety, that would fit with me at the moment. Mention it to your doctor next time you go, it could be related to the medication?

Thinking about it, I guess I have had moments when I'm sort of seeing my daydream images (can't think of another word right now!). And now I keep typing mixed up words and have had to keep going back over what I'm writing here :blush:.

Hope this helps some

:hugs:

aeroz21
13-06-10, 22:00
It does - thank you. I think I know what you mean. Jeez, it does seem as if anxiety can really play 'tricks' on our eyes... if that's the right word for it. When you get all these 'visual disturbances', does it make you confused, and then you end up panicking about it? It's a horrible cycle!

Angelai
13-06-10, 22:06
Yeah, every time I notice that my vision isn't right I stop and think, is it a migraine? Then when I realise it isn't, I start panicking over what it actually is. Then that brings on the heavy, sinking, dizzy feeling and we know where that leads...