PDA

View Full Version : Whats the chance....?

davey
13-06-10, 23:07
My doctor has been telling me for over a year now that I have an anxiety disorder but I have always dismissed it out of fear and not really understanding what it is, today from this site I have realised I have & im visiting my gp in the morning to accept his help. My big question/worry is this: can an anxiety disorder develop into depression (if it hasn't already) and how would I spot the warnings. I have been asked before 'are you depressed' and my answer is always 'I dont know' because I dont, how is spotted?

Thankyou all

Dave:wacko:

daybyday
13-06-10, 23:21
You could read the 'depression' side article on this site under Problems/Issues.

JaneC
14-06-10, 01:20
Davey, I'm not sure if this is good advice or not but if you have a look at the questions in the Goldberg depression test it would give you an idea of what the symptoms might be. You really need to discuss it with your doc tho.

staypositive
14-06-10, 09:25
I'm with others, you need to read into depression, and the feelings it can cause you to have. In my case my depression involves feelings of guilt, shame, and hatred towards myself and who I am. Feeling completely worthless, and having no energy or drive left to fight anything.

I find depression and anxiety feed into each other, at least in my case. My anxiety makes me feel depressed, and my depression makes me feel anxious. So if I could beat one, the other would hopefully be a little easier.

Hope that helps, and hope you sort things out, whatever you decide to do
Take care

Danny :-)