PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Wee .....

Lottie32
22-02-04, 19:30
During the last few weeks I have started taking Omega3, Vit B complex, and fluoxetine.

I already take a Vit C complex, garlic capsules and the contraceptive pill.

I don't know how long I've been like this, but I have noticed over the last week that my wee is a wierd yellow colour.[:I]

It's not a dehydrated dark yellow, or a weak, drunk too much water in the gym watery yellow.

It's a quite strange colour, and I can't describe it, apart from a medium yellow, and quite vivid in it's intensity. It is consistently this colour, irrespective of the time of the day, or what I have been eating/drinking.

I don't feel ill at all, and just wondered if anybody else experienced this, if it was medication induced, or just something else to worry about!

Charlie

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Meg
22-02-04, 19:40
Its Vitamin B !!! A flurescent hue.

If you didn't get this as soon as you started taking Vit B , it shows you were in great need of it.

Vit B and C are water soluble so any excess will come out this way !

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Rennie1989
22-02-04, 19:40
it could be the vitB, i donno, meg may now

jade

Lottie32
23-02-04, 08:55
Thanks Meg

I took a months supply, then bought some more from the health food shop, which I think were better quality. The fluorescent hue has started from being half way through the better quality ones, which is why I didn't think it could be the B complex, having already taken over a months worth.

Thanks for that! Can file it away as something NOT to worry about.

Charlie

Meg
23-02-04, 19:41
You must have been in great need of it ...

I now usually take one a couple of times a week but if things have been busy , if first one doesn't have much colour change, I'll take another one the next day .

Meg

Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Rennie1989
23-02-04, 19:58
meg, where do ya get vitB from

sadie
23-02-04, 21:06
Charlie,

I too have the lovely flurescent yellow 'wee' too...I never got it when I took Safeways own Vitamin B but do with Holland & Barretts vitamins, they must be a higher strength or something!

Hope your well!

sadie

Meg
23-02-04, 21:41
Well if we're going to be technical about this...

The yellow is the byproducts and any excess of absorbed Vit B2 - riboflavin . It may be that the Safeway one had a different amount of each individual B to the H+B one.

Vit B complex should be taken in the morning and with or after food and is essential in supporting the central nervous system.

Nothing to worry about at all - indeed it's a good sign that it's being absorbed.

Meg

Lottie32
24-02-04, 15:12
Hi Sadie

Hope you are well

The first Vit B was actually Boots own make. It didn't "do" anything to my wee.

The second Vit B is a Quest product from the local health food shop, and it is the one that started to produce the yellow wee (but only after two weeks).

I mentioned this amusing side effect to Amanda at my CBT session. She is a trained nurse, and she remembered that when dealing with alcoholics, they used to inject them with Vit B. She said that if you spilled any on your uniform, you had to throw them away - it stained yellow and no amount of washing would get it out!

Good job we aren't blokes Sadie - or else we'd have interestingly patterned bathroom carpets (why are men incapable of aiming/shaking satisfactorily?)

Charlie

sadie
24-02-04, 19:21
Charlie,

I know what you mean about the bathroom carpets..and for that reason I dont have one round my loo anymore. I was sick of washing it!!

Oh...its so good to be a girl isnt it??

sadie