PDA

View Full Version : symptoms

ewood79
13-06-10, 23:52
Hi all,

A quick question for you.... is there one symptom that always brings you undone..... or makes you spiral into a spate of anxiety?...

For me its the pinches and pulls one feels in the chest area.... around the peck muscles and ribs etc....

Although i know what these are they sometimes scare me allot......

I have had all the check ups with my Doctor etc and my blood pressure and ECGs have come back fine!!!

Most of the other stuff that stems from these pinches and pulls, like the missed heart beats and racing heart don't scare me, they come and go as quick as they start, its just every now and then if I'm in a bad state, or i have an over load of chitter chatter (ie oh no another pinch and pull) i knew the doctor was wrong!!!! it fuels things even more..... then the cycle begins.....

I'm lucky because I've had this for so long i know what it is but it always makes me emotional as i seem to still buy into the initial thought of "oh no what was that"........

Its not like this all the time, just when I'm run down or emotional etc..... but it is very frustrating....and makes you think your going crazy!!!!

Any thoughts from anyone?

Cheers

nomorepanic
14-06-10, 00:03
moving this to symptoms forum

Going home
14-06-10, 00:08
Hi, the 'pinches and pulls' could be just the muscles in your chest wall, and for anxious people, we are always living with tension aren't we? It made me smile though when you said that the missed beats didn't bother you at all...because in answer to your origional question, this is my main anx symptom :scared15:

Anna xx :)

ewood79
14-06-10, 00:46
Hi, the 'pinches and pulls' could be just the muscles in your chest wall, and for anxious people, we are always living with tension aren't we? It made me smile though when you said that the missed beats didn't bother you at all...because in answer to your original question, this is my main anx symptom :scared15:

Anna xx :)

Hi Anna,

Thanks for your reply, its strange how some symptoms scare the hell out of people whilst others just simply brush them off with a smile!!!

The pinches and pulls are muscle tension for sure, even my physio explains to me in detail why it all happens!! Just have to tell my flight or fight response to slow down sometimes.

I seem to be able to keep other symptoms at bay but this one is the one that sets me off followed usually by a tear or two!!!!...... some times the missed heart beats make me go whoa...... but in general there not too bad.

Its a long and winding road hey!!!

Jarrod :)

Going home
14-06-10, 01:09
It certainly is a long and winding road Jarrod, but you'll get there. Reading about other people who have the same fears really helps...puts things into perspective. Keep posting and we'll keep trying to help.

Regards
Anna

Going home
14-06-10, 01:17
By the way, sorry about Oz losing today...shame :footy:

davey
14-06-10, 02:06
Im the same its chest pain that makes me worse, I think its the general obvious fear factor around chest pain. I too have had mine for ages now, had all the tests ecg etc yet I still panic even with a slight twinge

ewood79
14-06-10, 02:41
Im the same its chest pain that makes me worse, I think its the general obvious fear factor around chest pain. I too have had mine for ages now, had all the tests ecg etc yet I still panic even with a slight twinge

Sometimes ill get a twinge etc and ill blow it off and go yeah that's all it is, but other times it really freaks me out and takes me a bit to get back on track....... have to hit back all the what ifs and just go with the flow......

How do you get back on track Davey?

daybyday
14-06-10, 03:38
Many years ago, in one of my many anxiety bouts, a kind dr. explained when stressed the muscles around the heart will tense up and that is the discomfort.

My unnerving symptoms is........all of them. I catastophize and what if.:)

Zee
14-06-10, 08:03
I tend to blow any odd symptom I have out of proportion and then couple days later think oh thats all it was..then another symptom pops up !! It seems a never ending circle at moment..

Boxerharvey
15-06-10, 09:03
I can never decide which is worse, chest pains or head pains. When im going through a cycle of chest pain I think to myself I prefer the headaches and pains but then when im going through the headaches I think to myself I think I prefer the chest pains.
Which ever im going through I still convince myself that its not anxiety and that im either dying of a heart attack or having a stroke or brain tumour. Its like I can never win because im always experiancing one symptom or another:weep:

blueangel
15-06-10, 13:46
My unnerving symptoms is........all of them. I catastophize and what if.:)

:yesyes:

Oh, yes indeedy.

Today it's GI symptoms. In a few days time, I'm sure it will be something else as my attention will have wandered on to something else.