PDA

View Full Version : Is it the Pill causing anxiety and depression? Or is it just me?

wigi-woo
14-06-10, 09:25
Heya, im still new to posting on here, so if this is better off in another forum, then feel free to move it :)

Ok, so Ive been on the Pill since i was 16. ive been on loads of different types, trying to find outwhich ones worked best for me. From Cilest , to Microgynon (worst ever for me) , to Mercilon to god knows what else. Im now back on Cilest.

My mood swings used to be really bad coming up to my period, crying, in pain , and feeling worthless. so after getting on the pill, the cramps n agony stopped, but ive still got really crazy bouts of ups and downs.

Recently im trying everything to help change my moods and ease my anxiety, from CBT to rescue remedy, to postitive thinking and ive started excersisng too..

I came off the pill for 3 months a lil while ago, and lost a bit of weight (which was great) but my mood swings didnt change. i would be ok for a couple of days, then suddenly get low and cry and feel lost and hopeless and wanting to stay away from everyone, but then be ok again within a short amount of time.

I had to go back on the pill after a pregnancy scare, and although its been great not having to worry about gettin pregnant, i still cant shift these moods, and its getting to a point now where i just want it to stop.

I just want to feel .. ok, not even super happy, i just wanna feel normal, and stop worrying, and stop my head racing at 100mph, and crying for stupid reasons, and getting overlly emotional...

Im beginning to wonder wether or not its the pill that is causing these ups and downs, or if it is just me..

After all that time of being on the pill, then coming off it.. and seeing no difference in my moods, its just got me wondering wether or not i should talk to someone about it, or wether its just .. something thats in me that i cant change...

im 23 now, nearly 24, so its not like ive only been on the pill for a few months...

i dont know what to do. i know it wears my partner out sometimes, and hes great at bringing me out of my blues and tries to help me the best he can to handle the anxiety and freak outs that happen...

i cant not be on the pill, i dont wanna get pregnant, but i cant handle being on this merry go round of emotions, and never being able to get off.

can anyone suggest anything at all that it could be, or that i could do, or not do...????

any questions ill happily answer.

please help :(

love wigi-woo.xxx

_ oh , and my dreaming has been getting hectic too - dreaming of my partner leaving, friends ive fallen out with, and even ladt night i dreamt i killed myself :(

dont know what to do... xx

Angelai
14-06-10, 12:49
Hi wigi-woo, :welcome:to the forum.

It could be a hormonal imbalance, or even depression. Please talk to your doctor, they will be able to help.

My mum once told me that when I was taking the pill it was like I had pms all month - I was vile. I tried it again a few months ago, after years of mirena coil and impant, and wanted to kill someone, or myself, within a few days. So it might not be helping you?

I hope you can get to the bottom of it :hugs:

moomintroll
16-06-10, 01:54
speak to your doctor, you may have an underlying condition like anxiety or depression, do not panic, your doctor should be able to help

not all pills suit everyone, i can not take the combined pill as i then over produce oestrogen and i felt angry all the time on it, but i have been on the mini pill which is, okay cannot spell the word i am looking for but the other female hormone and i have been fine

have a chat to your doctor

:hugs:

BubbleBonce
16-06-10, 02:08
Did your doc test your thyroid? It's just something that should be ruled out. The reference ranges are very wide, so even if they say your results are 'normal' you may be at the low end of 'normal' which might not be right for you.

Bubble

JulieL
24-06-10, 10:49
since I started the pill Sept 2008, I have had mood swings but I used to be depressed so I agree with the others it may be that the pill is exaggerating some sadness you may already be feeling, but I hope you are okay! * hugs*