PDA

View Full Version : tests?

zippy
14-06-10, 10:22
Does anyone know which tests to ask for with these symptoms,diarrhea, ache in back/side/front on left, pain in hip and down by left ovary,fatigue,headache on left.I have had bloods done, mammogram, chest x ray,bowel endoscopy,internal to feel ovaries and all ok, i am waiting for a pelvis ultrasound scan.I feel like the ache in my back is causing the problems as i havent felt well since getting this.
Should i ask for an abdominal ultrasound to rule out spleen, pancreas, liver and kidneys or am i being silly as the doc keeps saying something would show in my bloods as i have had fbc, lft, kidneys, thyroid,sugar and cholesterol?

MightyPC
14-06-10, 10:33
Hi Zippy, will your Dr agree to a abdominal scan on the NHS if he has done all the other tests? If so, you could always ask for an ultrasound of the liver, pancreas, kidneys, bladder and spleen. Though I can relate to how you feel, if these come back negative you may have to put it down to anxiety!

zippy
14-06-10, 10:40
I know i am going to see what he suggests first when i go on thursday as i am getting a pelvic ultrasound scan on the 29th but i dont know which organs that looks at. I am tempted to say when i am getting it done can you not scan the other organs but i know they wont lol.

zippy
14-06-10, 11:59
Nobody else? :weep:

zippy
14-06-10, 15:34
Nobody any advice what to ask for?

nomorepanic
14-06-10, 17:52
Why don't you just tell the doctor all the aches and pains and ask him/her what tests he can suggest to reassure you.

I don't think you can just walk in and say I want a scan doing as they are very expensive and won't usually do them just for the sake of it.

zippy
14-06-10, 18:48
I know they wont just do them for the sake of it but i do genuinely feel ill i will even pay for the scan if it puts my mind at ease.

Peter_Scott
14-06-10, 19:17
My own two pennies worth.

When I was faced with multiple symptoms I asked my GP to refer me to a Medical Physician at my local hospital, so that all the symptoms could be put together.

A hospital Physician being a consultant can order all the tests there and then to rule out possible causes. This works well if you have multiple symptoms. The wait is not too bad, on the NHS.

Good luck,

Peter

zippy
14-06-10, 19:20
Did they find out what your symptoms were with?