PDA

View Full Version : Numb, weak legs

phil06
14-06-10, 11:51
I've had this symptom a day or so now:

Numb hands, legs, feet
Feel disconnected from parts of body
Feel my feet won't support me so want to sit down more..

anybody else had this? :shrug:

Gareth
14-06-10, 12:04
Yes.

- Feeling disconnected from parts of body
- Unsteady on feet / feel like I am stumbling when I walk / unbalanced
- Weakness in hands, arms, legs.

These have all been with me to varying degrees since August last year.

All the product of an oversensitized nervous system and a sign that it needs rest.

One thing to try is when you feel this happen, focus all of your attention on another part of your body. So when walking, and your legs feel weird, focus all attention on your neck or arms. By doing this your attention is diverted and the sensations don't feel as scary.

Try it.

Gareth

sjr1969
14-06-10, 21:12
unfortunately get this too. not nice
sarah x

phil06
17-06-10, 04:56
I've been numb for a few days now..so anxious and it's disturbed my sleep..more I think about it worse I feel..

my lips numb when I panic more..:ohmy:my body feels all weird and disconnected, my mouth goes numb, my legs feel not apart..

Surely it's not anxiety or can depersonalization cause this? I'm freaked out as I've been feeling this build up worse over 8 weeks..panic and nervy every day.

sarah jayne
17-06-10, 07:04
Ive had this on and off for nearly a year :(

lorraine
17-06-10, 12:16
hi

yes i have had similar feelings too. I posted a few days ago about funny legs. The feelings do pass but it is horrible when they are happening. Hope you feel better.

lorraine

Ddcoo
17-06-10, 12:34
Ihave been feeling like this for a couple of months now, it is a horrible sensation, I was beginning to think it was something other than stress, so a big thank you to Gareth for the distraction technique, my symptoms are excactly as you describe and I am so glad I read your post, you have made my mind easier.