PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever just feel like your not there...

barbn
14-06-10, 14:34
I just feel "numb" today - kind of like I am walking around like a zombie ready to explode. My Dr. did give me a perscription of Xanax - I try not to take unless I absolutely need it - today is one of those days...I am hoping it will kick in soon so I can at least function.

Do you every have those days where you could just stare at the TV in a trance???

MidnightCalm
14-06-10, 14:47
Yeah I always have those days, I force myself to go for a walk or do something constructive so I'm throwing myself back into reality, sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.
These days I keep getting this thing where I'm with my mates but I feel like I'm not, I feel like even though I made the joke I'm still out of the joke, like people are looking at me but not seeing me.

barbn
14-06-10, 15:37
That is exactly how I feel - I sure don't want to feel like this - it is a strange feeling. I do want you do - force myself to do things - I take things in small amounts. For example - I am at work and I will tell myself for the next 15 minutes I am going to work on this project. And when the 15 minutes are up, I take a deep breath and tell myself, 15 more minutes ....just taking it one step at a time and breaking the day down seems to help and not feel so overwhelmed.