PDA

View Full Version : I've just started ignoring the health anxiety now.

MidnightCalm
14-06-10, 14:51
As hard as it is.
In my 21 years I've thought I've had the following.

Meningitis about 10 times.
I thought I had cancer on the back of my head.
I thought I had a brain tumour.
Every time I bang my head I convince myself I am having a brain hemmerage and will definitely die.
Testicle cancer.
Lung cancer.
Jaundice.
Eye cancer.
Mouth cancer.
Skin cancer.
Throat cancer.
H I V.
Having a heart attack many times.
Prostate Cancer.
Anal cancer.
Pneumonia.
Lupus.
Hepatitis.

and millions more things! I'd say all this was in the last 5 years, I know there was a lot even before that.

Does anybody else just go from one thing to another?

The first time I thought I had cancer was when I was about 14 and I'm still here thinking of other things I could have in different places. It's awful.

Neen
14-06-10, 15:36
Yes I do suffer the same. I've done this to myself however and only I can un do it! I have a lump on my head, convinced it was a brain tumor as my friends little 21 yr old brother died a year ago froma brain tumor. The doc told me it was tissue. I have a lump sensation in my throat (read my posts) it's driving me nuts at the momment; however I'm convinced I have tonsil, throat, tongue cancer EVEN though I am a Dental Nurse and have been for 10 years!!

And have seen Oral cancer. I self examine my neck and mouth everyday, with no avail. The lump feels like it is choking me sometimes and I am toying with the idea of going to A&E? I have an ENT appointment in July (too long away) I need answers NOW. This is serously getting me down. It seems it's one thing after the other :-( Totally symapthise...

Nina x

Electric Blue
14-06-10, 22:25
That's what anxiety does to you...

It would be best to get help...being 21 and getting help is better then being in your 30s or 40s trying to deal with it.

A doctor told me it's best to try and resolve your anxiety while you are young...because it only gets worse as you get older.

daybyday
14-06-10, 22:39
My husband has told me that I have thought myself of disease now for the 25 years he has known me.