PDA

View Full Version : tight chest ,when doing anything

molly36
14-06-10, 20:11
Hi there i am a big axniety ,panic sufferer for many years ,although i did have a few good years when i was ok.I am 35 and over the last few months the panic has started badly about my heart again ,also i suffer from hyperventelation syndrome ,i contstantly hold me breath or breath too fast or to slow ,its awfull at the moment but i am trying to sort it out.I wanted to ask if anyone feels so tight chested when say hoovering, walking upstairs ,doing any activity really its as if i have to gasp for air .My doc has tested me for asthma i have one of those peak flow meters but it never changes even when i am tight chested or active it always is around 430 ,so my doc says it cant be asthma it is obviously hyperventilation causing the tight chest .Does anyone else get tight chest like this and has breathing issues .Sometimes i feel like im suffocating ,when i walk upstairs .My doc is very good he checks my oygen levels a lot and they are always 99% or100% but it dosent feel that way .so worried about it kind regards molly xx

margaret jones
14-06-10, 20:39
Hi Molly
Sorry you are feeling anxious again this H A is a horrid thing Yes i get this and sometimes i feel that i cant even get upstairs then i try and think about how many times it has happened and nothing bad has become of it so thats how i try and cope .
You seem to have a good GP checking your o2 levels try not to worry and try and think it is only a sympton of your anxiety and it is unpleasant but wont harm you .

Take Care Maggie

molly36
14-06-10, 20:53
thank you for your reply i really appraciate it.Anyone else had this kind regards molly xx

Going home
14-06-10, 21:05
Hi Molly, I think you'll find alot of people will know this sympton very well, its one of the most common in anxiety sufferers, and its also one that we can't believe is nothing more than that.

Anna xxx

puppyskin
14-06-10, 21:17
yes i get this too,ive been breathing from my chest without even realising for so long.try lying down and practicing breathing properly.put a book on your stomach and when you breath in the book should rise and your chest should hardly move,try it with relaxation music for 10 mins several times a day it will teach you to breath correctly.