PDA

View Full Version : suffocating

molly36
14-06-10, 20:51
So worried, one day when walking to the school to pick my kids up i was rushing to get to the school as the bell was about to go ,so i was obviosly overbreathing but i ran up this small hill and i just couldnt get my breath back and had to sit on the ground,i really felt i was suffocating..i really have gone over this in my head so many times like we tend to do an ive managed to come to the conclusion i have bad heart or lungs.im 35 and feel really unfit but i get so out of breath walking upstairs its awful .can this really be due to hyperventilating all the time.i have been checked for asthma but my peak flow meter is always the same around 430 even when i feel my breathing bad ,so doc says it not asthma ,has anyone else experienced this feeling of not being able to get your breath back after activity kind regards .mollyxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/nmp/misc/progress.gif

bottleblond
14-06-10, 21:30
Hi Molly

I get like that too. It seems the minute i start to get out of breath, my anxiety kicks in and my breathing gets so much worse. I like you have had the tests and the nurse laughed at me as my peek flow was a lot higher that hers, she was 12 years younger, non smoker and went to the gym three timer per week. Made me feel loads better at the time but as soon as i start to get a wee bit out of breath, i freek and it gets so much worse.

Lisa
x

daybyday
14-06-10, 22:13
Hyperventilating can do that. Lungs don't have full in and out oxygen, carbon dioxide exchange.

jothenurse
14-06-10, 22:55
I get this way with my breathing and my pulse. I just go up some stairs and my pulse goes way up. I've had many EKG's done (up to 160 pulse from a panic attack) and they are all fine. They've checked my breathing and that is ok, too. So, now I"m out of shape, lost 20 pounds, and have to eat and get back into shape. This is hard because I get scared when my pulse goes up.

blueangel
15-06-10, 13:43
Same here - when I am feeling very anxious I seem to become aware of all my bodily functions and of course, the more you notice them, the worse they get, therefore if I become aware of my breathing, I feel I can't breathe. Aarrgh. :doh: