PDA

View Full Version : Dizziness, Medication??? And Health Anxiety!

Ella_Jayne
14-06-10, 23:04
Hi Everyone,

I've been coping quite well over the last few days, today I had a meeting regarding Uni and so on, I was a bit nervous going into it, but I was fine, felt relieved when it was over. I went shopping after and out for lunch with my boyfriend and felt completely fine, then all of a sudden I was in a shop I looked up at something on a shelo and felt very dizzy, just spaced out and weak. I tried to ignore it but it just kept getting worse and worse, my stomach felt heavy and I was sure that I would pass out, then my heart started beating funny.

I was feeling better after aout 15-20 minutes but still had the spaced out feeling and the odd palp here and there. I know a lot of you reading this are probably saying to yourself 'PANIC ATTACK' OR 'TYPICAL ANXIETY' but I felt so calm prior to this 'attack' and have no idea why it happened, it's made me feel that either there IS infact something physically wrong with me or that this anxiety thing can never be controlled, am I always gonna be prone to these attacks regardless of how relaxed I feel?

I feel so down about it all.
Half of me thinks that it's anxiety, the other thinks that I have some undetected heart problem or something that will kill me one day... :blush:

I don't know what do do though, I'm fed up of seeing doctors and hospitals. Should I go on some sort of medication? What is the best meds for anxiety? Hope you can give me some advice.

Ella x

By the way I'm 21 and have had probably over 30 ECG's in the past 9 months, an echo, holter, numorous chest x-rays, bloods taken too many times to remember... etc and have been given the all clear time and time again. Yet I still worry they may have missed something... :weep:

anotherworrier
14-06-10, 23:39
i suffer from the same thing most days myself and again like u, is most times relaxed before this dizziness comes on suddenley. i stopped taking fluoxitine a couple of years ago now so its not medication/side effects with me, i guess its TYPICAL ANXIETY.